0.21.0.Beta Status (Lucene 4.x)

Heya fellows,

Wanted to give a quick update regarding 0.21.0.Beta release with Lucene 4.x. As I mentioned, we have already fully upgraded to Luceen 4.1, and practically done with exposing the most important features we can get for it. We also concluded our major refactoring for a field data code that has significant reduction in memory used for field data (specifically multi valued fields) for faceting/sorting/scripts.

The last major bit we have left is additional refactoring on our faceting code, to allow for more pluggable faceting implementation and different execution modes. The work is progressing nicely, and I hope that by next week we will be able to release 0.21.0.Beta with it in it.

Once the Beta is out, we will have a short release cycle gearing towards GA, hopefully it should't take long.

Re: 0.21.0.Beta Status (Lucene 4.x)

Leonardo Menezes
Hey Shay,
    that's great news. For the new code in faceting, should we also expect performance improvement, or just memory? thanks

Leonardo Menezes
(+34) 688907766

On Wed, Feb 13, 2013 at 2:55 PM, jagdeep <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

I think the facet framework is going to be overhauled to add custom
facet features more easily. For example, right now, there can't be
plugins that add new capabilities to faceting.

So I hope I can use collation based sorting on facet elements soon, or
facet value mappings, where facet values can be augmented with other
values for display (like sort keys in collations).

Jörg

Am 14.02.13 09:25, schrieb Leonardo Menezes:
> Hey Shay,
>     that's great news. For the new code in faceting, should we also
> expect performance improvement, or just memory? thanks

Re: 0.21.0.Beta Status (Lucene 4.x)

Matt Weber-2
Spell checking/suggestions is already in master....

https://github.com/elasticsearch/elasticsearch/issues/2585