Quantcast

0.90.0.Beta1 Released

Heya fellows, I am happy to announce that 0.90.0.Beta1 has just been released. More info in the blog post: http://www.elasticsearch.org/blog/2013/02/26/0.90.0.Beta1-released.html.

Re: 0.90.0.Beta1 Released

Kay Röpke
Very nice to see it progress!

And here's the obligatory nagging (sorry ;)): Any chance we can get https://github.com/elasticsearch/elasticsearch/issues/2462 merged or addressed somehow?
I'm really disliking to having to maintain the fork of ours... :)

cheers,
-k

On Tue, Feb 26, 2013 at 12:21 PM, <[hidden email]> wrote:
Heya fellows, I am happy to announce that 0.90.0.Beta1 has just been released. More info in the blog post: http://www.elasticsearch.org/blog/2013/02/26/0.90.0.Beta1-released.html.

Re: 0.90.0.Beta1 Released

Karussell-2
I know it is a big step forward but why 0.90.0 and not e.g. 0.80.0 :) ?

Peter.

On Tuesday, February 26, 2013 12:21:28 PM UTC+1, kimchy wrote:
Heya fellows, I am happy to announce that 0.90.0.Beta1 has just been released. More info in the blog post: http://www.elasticsearch.org/blog/2013/02/26/0.90.0.Beta1-released.html.

Re: 0.90.0.Beta1 Released

vineeth mohan
Thanks a ton team.
We were looking forward for this release.
Also isnt the grouping feature out ?
I was anticipating it with this version.

Thanks
           Vineeth

On Tue, Feb 26, 2013 at 5:59 PM, Karussell <[hidden email]> wrote:
sorry, the post answers this already (a bit ;))

On Tuesday, February 26, 2013 1:27:48 PM UTC+1, Karussell wrote:
I know it is a big step forward but why 0.90.0 and not e.g. 0.80.0 :) ?

Peter.

On Tuesday, February 26, 2013 12:21:28 PM UTC+1, kimchy wrote:
Heya fellows, I am happy to announce that 0.90.0.Beta1 has just been released. More info in the blog post: http://www.elasticsearch.org/blog/2013/02/26/0.90.0.Beta1-released.html.

Re: 0.90.0.Beta1 Released

Brian Clozel
My applications currently use a 0.20.x version and those (great) features make me think about upgrading to 0.90.beta1.
I know this is a beta version and I should only consider it for a test platform; but I'd like to know a couple of things:
  • can anybody share her experience with this version? (upgrade, stability, CPU/memory usage, data recovery, cluster state...)
  • the official post states that the GA version should be released soon; is there a web page where I can watch the current state (there's no milestone nor tag for the next 0.90.x release).
Keep up the good work towards 1.0!

On Tue, Feb 26, 2013 at 5:59 PM, Karussell <<a href="javascript:" target="_blank" gdf-obfuscated-mailto="jKHQmdSXcEsJ">tabley...@...> wrote:
sorry, the post answers this already (a bit ;))

On Tuesday, February 26, 2013 1:27:48 PM UTC+1, Karussell wrote:
I know it is a big step forward but why 0.90.0 and not e.g. 0.80.0 :) ?

Peter.

On Tuesday, February 26, 2013 12:21:28 PM UTC+1, kimchy wrote:
Heya fellows, I am happy to announce that 0.90.0.Beta1 has just been released. More info in the blog post: http://www.elasticsearch.org/blog/2013/02/26/0.90.0.Beta1-released.html.

Re: 0.90.0.Beta1 Released

Ivan Brusic
You can keep track of the next release (beta2) by looking at the issues on Github:

Not sure if anyone on the list is using 0.90. The move to Lucene 4 is a big one.

--
Ivan

On Mon, Mar 11, 2013 at 9:32 AM, Brian Clozel <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

I'm right now moving my Java code to 0.90.0.Beta1 - there are API
changes so I forked my code into stable and development.

Not too busy with testing because of this, but 0.90.0.Beta1 looks pretty
well so far (focus on bulk indexing) - you want performance numbers to
share?

For production I plan to use 1.00 - not 0.90 - so I have time to add new
features and test, e.g. comparing with 0.19/0.20

Jörg

Am 11.03.13 17:32, schrieb Brian Clozel:

> My applications currently use a 0.20.x version and those (great)
> features make me think about upgrading to 0.90.beta1.
> I know this is a beta version and I should only consider it for a test
> platform; but I'd like to know a couple of things:
>
>   * can anybody share her experience with this version? (upgrade,
>     stability, CPU/memory usage, data recovery, cluster state...)
>   * the official post states that the GA version should be released
>     soon; is there a web page where I can watch the current state
>     (there's no milestone nor tag for the next 0.90.x release).
>
> Keep up the good work towards 1.0!

Re: 0.90.0.Beta1 Released

Bob Sandiford
One thing to be aware of - if you use "ids" queries, without "type" option, they will fail with an 'Index out of bounds' exception.  See https://github.com/elasticsearch/elasticsearch/issues/2695.  Is fixed in trunk, so will be fixed in 0.90 Beta 2.