[ANN] ElasticHQ v0.7 Monitoring/Management Released!

[ANN] ElasticHQ v0.7 Monitoring/Management Released!

Roy Russo
Hello fellow Elastickers,

A short post on the new features found in 0.7 of Elastic HQ Monitoring and Management for ES.

New Features:
  • Manage Indices: Perform Bulk Operations: Clear Cache, Flush, Optimize, and Refresh
  • Manage Individual Index: Same commands as above with the addition of open/close and deleting an Index.
  • View Index Shard distribution: View shards, primary and replica, docs per shard, status of shards, and what nodes they reside on.
  • View Index Performance Metrics: # docs, size(kb), search, get, etc... stats.
  • View Type Mappings by Index and drill-down to see overview of individual Mapping
Next version will focus on having an easy-to-use UI for the ES REST API - minimizing the need to handcraft cURL calls.

As always, most recent v. is running live: http://www.elastichq.org

Regards,
Roy Russo

Re: [ANN] ElasticHQ v0.7 Monitoring/Management Released!

Lukáš Vlček
Hey,

nice to see that!

Regards,
Lukas

On Wed, May 29, 2013 at 7:26 PM, Roy Russo <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Thanks Lukas. I had planned that once I am done with the REST API UI, I will contact you about interacting with the system statistics plugin. I think that would benefit any management/monitoring app.

Will talk with you soon.

On Wednesday, May 29, 2013 1:26:49 PM UTC-4, Roy Russo wrote:
[...]

Sure, feel free to let me know.

Just FYI, for future development of Bigdesk I am going to drop Backbone, I am turning the code to vanilla JS and more modularized (actually based on Closure Tools, but that is not important for you, you should be able to download just some parts of it). So if you have a front end GUI, you might be able to run [head-less] Bigdesk that pulls data from ES and keeps some history slice of it and register for events on it. I will ping the mail list once I am ready to release some parts that.

Regards,
Lukas