[ANN] ElasticHQ v0.95 Monitoring/Management Released!

[ANN] ElasticHQ v0.95 Monitoring/Management Released!

Roy Russo
Hello fellow Elastickers,

A short post on the new features found in 0.95 of Elastic HQ Monitoring and Management for ES.

New Features:
  • Manage Aliases: Create, Delete Index Aliases
  • Live Polling: All screens now have active polling, as a true dashboard app would.
  • Index Health: Index Health information added to Index view screen
As always, most recent version is running live: http://www.elastichq.org

Regards,
Roy Russo

Re: [ANN] ElasticHQ v0.95 Monitoring/Management Released!

Andrej
Hi Roy,

looks nice, I'll test it. Nevertheless, you have a little typo in your installation docu: the right url is /domain:port/_plugin/HQ/ (capitol letters at the end).

Cheers,
Andrej

Am Donnerstag, 11. Juli 2013 16:16:55 UTC+2 schrieb Roy Russo:
Hello fellow Elastickers,

A short post on the new features found in 0.95 of Elastic HQ Monitoring and Management for ES.

New Features:
  • Manage Aliases: Create, Delete Index Aliases
  • Live Polling: All screens now have active polling, as a true dashboard app would.
  • Index Health: Index Health information added to Index view screen
As always, most recent version is running live: http://www.elastichq.org

Regards,
Roy Russo

Re: [ANN] ElasticHQ v0.95 Monitoring/Management Released!

Roy Russo
Thanks. Fixed! ;-)

On Thursday, July 11, 2013 10:46:29 AM UTC-4, Andrej Rosenheinrich wrote:
Hi Roy,

looks nice, I'll test it. Nevertheless, you have a little typo in your installation docu: the right url is /domain:port/_plugin/HQ/ (capitol letters at the end).

Cheers,
Andrej

Am Donnerstag, 11. Juli 2013 16:16:55 UTC+2 schrieb Roy Russo:so

Re: [ANN] ElasticHQ v0.95 Monitoring/Management Released!

Andrej
Hi Roy,

nice tool! One thing I noticed: my indices are all lower case named. But the table of indices lists all indices with a capitol letter at the beginning. That is a bit confusing.

Cheers,
Andrej

Re: [ANN] ElasticHQ v0.95 Monitoring/Management Released!

Norberto Meijome
Hey Roy, this looks pretty cool. Have you put any thought on creating ACLs , so that destructive actions are available only for a given list of users / group ( could be htauth based, for all I really care)?
or maybe a simple way to remove all destructive commands from the interface?

Any insights on this, if you have any, or suggestions on the best way to add this functionality would be great ( caveat, i havent checked out the code just yet, so maybe just tell me to rtfm ;) )

cheers,
Beto

On Fri, Jul 12, 2013 at 12:16 AM, Roy Russo <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello fellow Elastickers,

A short post on the new features found in 0.95 of Elastic HQ Monitoring and Management for ES.

New Features:
  • Manage Aliases: Create, Delete Index Aliases
  • Live Polling: All screens now have active polling, as a true dashboard app would.
  • Index Health: Index Health information added to Index view screen
As always, most recent version is running live: http://www.elastichq.org

Regards,
Roy Russo

Norberto 'Beto' Meijome

Re: [ANN] ElasticHQ v0.95 Monitoring/Management Released!

Norberto Meijome
btw, i realise if you run this fully on your browser, the control would have to reside elsewhere (nginx in front of ES, for example). that's fine. I'm just not sure how things would change if installed as a "ES plugin" ..

--
Norberto 'Beto' Meijome

Re: [ANN] ElasticHQ v0.95 Monitoring/Management Released!

Kenneth Loafman-2
Tried to install on a 24-node ES 0.90.2 system.  It just hangs.  I installed via plugin:

$ bin/plugin -i royrusso/elasticsearch-HQ
-> Installing royrusso/elasticsearch-HQ...
Downloading ...........................................DONE
Identified as a _site plugin, moving to _site structure ...
Installed HQ

Does the plugin require a cluster restart before becoming active?

On Mon, Jul 15, 2013 at 9:44 AM, Norberto Meijome <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Where does it hang? Are you able to reach /domain:port/_plugin/HQ/ ?

No need to restart before running. ES simply serves up the JS/HTML on its own.

On Fri, Jul 12, 2013 at 12:16 AM, Roy Russo <<a href="javascript:" target="_blank" gdf-obfuscated-mailto="wiU_OUxSidMJ">royr...@...> wrote:
Hello fellow Elastickers,

A short post on the new features found in 0.95 of Elastic HQ Monitoring and Management for ES.

New Features:
  • Manage Aliases: Create, Delete Index Aliases
  • Live Polling: All screens now have active polling, as a true dashboard app would.
  • Index Health: Index Health information added to Index view screen
As always, most recent version is running live: http://www.elastichq.org

Regards,
Roy Russo

Norberto 'Beto' Meijome

--
Norberto 'Beto' Meijome

Re: [ANN] ElasticHQ v0.95 Monitoring/Management Released!

Kenneth Loafman-2
I finally got it to come up.  It was a problem on my end.  It would get to the plugin then hang on Connect.

Thanks for the plugin.  It will really help!

...Ken