Aggregate Query in ElasticSearch / Lucene

Aggregate Query in ElasticSearch / Lucene

Raul, Jr. Martinez
Hi,

I work in a company that uses Endeca for search and we are heavily relying on aggregate queries (GROUP BY). Right now, is there an equivalent feature in ES or Lucene?

Thanks
Raul

Re: Aggregate Query in ElasticSearch / Lucene

dadoonet
Have a look at the facet concept

HTH
David ;-)
@dadoonet

Le 27 janv. 2012 à 06:54, "Raul, Jr. Martinez" <[hidden email]> a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> I work in a company that uses Endeca for search and we are heavily relying on aggregate queries (GROUP BY). Right now, is there an equivalent feature in ES or Lucene?
>

> Thanks
> Raul

Re: Aggregate Query in ElasticSearch / Lucene

Karussell
what is the 'group by' exactly doing? in lucene there is a grouping
feature, in elasticsearch there is parent/child ...

Peter.

On Jan 27, 6:54 am, "Raul, Jr. Martinez" <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I work in a company that uses Endeca for search and we are heavily relying
> on aggregate queries (GROUP BY). Right now, is there an equivalent feature
> in ES or Lucene?
>
> Thanks
> Raul

Re: Aggregate Query in ElasticSearch / Lucene

Shairon Toledo
Hi,

ES and Lucene have a feature called "facets", it groups results according to a field value, the count is also returned in the result, similar to a aggregation "group by" SQL/DML function. For more details http://www.elasticsearch.org/guide/reference/api/search/facets/

--
[ ]'s
Shairon Toledo
http://www.google.com/profiles/shairon.toledo

Re: Aggregate Query in ElasticSearch / Lucene

Raul, Jr. Martinez
Sorry for the late response.

The "Group By" feature collapses several records into a single record (a representative record with complete fields).
I will investigate more on parent/child feature of ElasticSearch.

Thank you Peter.

@David, @Shairon:
Facets is an alternative solution but I would like to still get all the fields of the representative record.

Thanks
Raul

On Monday, January 30, 2012 5:26:26 PM UTC+8, Karussell wrote:
what is the 'group by' exactly doing? in lucene there is a grouping
feature, in elasticsearch there is parent/child ...

Peter.

On Jan 27, 6:54 am, "Raul, Jr. Martinez" <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I work in a company that uses Endeca for search and we are heavily relying
> on aggregate queries (GROUP BY). Right now, is there an equivalent feature
> in ES or Lucene?
>
> Thanks
> Raul

Re: Aggregate Query in ElasticSearch / Lucene

Dennis
were you able t ok get the representative record and aggregation from Elasticsearch?