Aggregation profiling?

Mike Sukmanowsky
I don't believe there are any current endpoints in the API that support this, but are there plans to add better profiling information to ES aggregation queries? We'll see some agg queries return in 11s, then <5s then >11s again. Sometimes we can see associated filter cache expirations, but it's really hard to line these up to one specific query in our production environment since multiple users are executing queries simultaneously.

It'd be really helpful to optionally see where aggregation queries are spending the bulk of their time to help us understand what to improve in the future.

Anything we can do here right now?

--
Mike Sukmanowsky
Aspiring Digital Carpenter

---

Re: Aggregation profiling?

James Macdonald
I don't have an answer, but I really like this question. I too would love to see more query and aggregation profiling tools for performance optimization purposes.

Also, I assume you have already looked at this, but have you made sure you are not evicting anything from your in memory field data?

James