Are there any comprehensive documents which describe the detailed process of document indexing and searching?

Are there any comprehensive documents which describe the detailed process of document indexing and searching?

shihpeng
Although I have read a lot of guides and articles, there seems still something I missed in understanding the process of document indexing and searching. I would like to know if there are any comprehensive documents which describe the process very detailly?

For example, the document indexing process involves document preprocessing, text analyzing, load into memory buffer (in the mean time also write this operation into translog), write out as segment files, ..., etc. The document indexing operation in Elasticsearch is actually quite complicated, but the articles I can found on the Internet always only cover some of these steps.

Are there any such detailed documents available?

Thanks in advance.

---

Re: Are there any comprehensive documents which describe the detailed process of document indexing and searching?

Nikolas Everett

I get the sense that this is a good start though I haven't watched it myself:

https://www.elastic.co/elasticon/2015/sf/elasticsearch-data-journey-life-of-a-document-in-elasticsearch