AutoScale elasticsearch

John S
Hi,

Currently am having a cluster with 4 nodes provisioned in Aws Ec2. Occasionally there were some issue happened like disk space utilization and cpu utilization, which impacted the cluster, then manually add new disk or create additional nodes for handling load.

I was investigating if there is an automated option, something like  elasticsearch cluster if there is an high disk utilization, or other option like horizontal scaling for high cpu issue(like changing the instance type to a higher instance capacity with cpu/memory).

There is an Autoscale option from Aws services for high cpu utilization, but just thinking if there is any other options available from cluster level.

Am trying to build  a solution to avoid any downtime. Let me know if anyone have any approach to handle these and possible impacts doing so.
Note: understand adding one more data nodes will re-balance the shards in the cluster.

Regards
John

---