Browser Plugin for HTTP GET / PUT?

phobos182
I'm trying to have users in my organization use Elastic Search as a Solr replacement. The main pain point right now is that there is no web interface to do ad-hoc searches. I have given the search documentation to users but the adoption is quite low due to output formatting, and the ability to quickly get results from searches.

I've been looking for a browser extension that will allow them to put in the search information, and get back the JSon response parsed. I have been using JSONView for FireFox / Chrome, but have not found a plugin that will allow somebody to issue a GET request, and retrive the response parsed by JSONView. Example.

curl -XGET es2.colo:9200/twitter_river/_search -d '
{
    "query" : {
        "term" : { "text" : "search" }
    },
    "facets" : {
        "rim_facet" : {
            "terms" : {
                "field" : "link",
                "size" : 20
            },
            "global" : true
'

Anybody have any thoughts?

Re: Browser Plugin for HTTP GET / PUT?

zohar
Hi
I have posted a simple jquery based static web page that does the basics of what you describe.
To simplify things its on gist : https://gist.github.com/739320

The formatting of the json can be improved ( especially the errors ) - i might do some of it if i have time.
Let me know if this helps.

Re: Browser Plugin for HTTP GET / PUT?

erimag
I highly recommend the Firefox Addon "RESTClient" for this:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/9780/