Change node settings at runtime

jschelle-2
Is it possible to change node level settings at runtime? Specifically I'm looking to change node.data, node.master, and node.river.

Re: Change node settings at runtime

Martijn v Groningen
No, this isn't possible. Changing those settings requires a restart of that node.

On 11 September 2013 05:03, shadow000fire <[hidden email]> wrote:
Is it possible to change node level settings at runtime? Specifically I'm looking to change node.data, node.master, and node.river.

Met vriendelijke groet,

Martijn van Groningen

Re: Change node settings at runtime

jschelle-2
How hard would it be to change this? Correct me if I'm wrong, but logically it shouldn't be a problem to change those settings at runtime as long as reallocation of shards or rivers (respectively) isn't currently happening. Is that fair?

Re: Change node settings at runtime

jschelle-2
How hard would it be to change this? Correct me if I'm wrong, but logically it shouldn't be a problem to change those settings at runtime as long as reallocation of shards or rivers (respectively) isn't currently happening. Is that fair?

Re: Change node settings at runtime

Its actually quite tricky, since it might require a re-election of master (relocation of data is simpler). Why would you need it thought? Those settings would sound quite "static", as in if one goes with X masters and N data nodes, one would probably keep on adding more data nodes.