Change "search_analyzer" settings without reindexing

Change "search_analyzer" settings without reindexing

paul
hi ,

Is there a way to change search analyzer settings without re-indexing the entire data. I am experimenting with various configuration and every time i change the setting i am re-indexing.

setting:
----------
        "autocomplete_search":{
               "type":"custom",
               "tokenizer":"my_pipe_analyzer",
               "filter":[
                  "lowercase",
                  "syns_filter",
 "stop"
               ]
            },
            "autocomplete_index":{
               "type":"custom",
               "tokenizer":"standard",
               "filter":[
                  "standard",
                  "lowercase",
                  "syns_filter",
 "stop",
                  "my_edgeNgram"
               ]
            }
mapping:
------------
            "name":{
               "type":"string",
      "index_analyzer" : "autocomplete_index",
       "search_analyzer" : "autocomplete_search"
            },

-paul

Re: Change "search_analyzer" settings without reindexing

dadoonet
I don't think it will work but you can set the analyzer you want at query time: http://www.elasticsearch.org/guide/en/elasticsearch/reference/current/query-dsl-match-query.html#_boolean:
The analyzer can be set to control which analyzer will perform the analysis process on the text. It default to the field explicit mapping definition, or the default search analyzer.

--
David ;-)