Changing mapping for existing data

Marcin Dojwa
Hi,

I have a problem with changing mapping of specified field. the field has "index":"no" and I want to change it to "index":"analyzed". Putting new mapping throws error. What should I do to apply new mapping for existing data?

Best regards.

Re: Changing mapping for existing data

Marcin Dojwa
Sorry for mistake, I meant the other way, I want to change from "index":"analyzed" to "index":"no" and add "include_in_all":false and "store":"yes" :)

Best regards.

Re: Changing mapping for existing data

dadoonet

I'm afraid you have to clean your existing datas.

IMHO, you can merge mappings on new fields but you can't change "core" mappings for existing datas.

David.

--
David Pilato
http://dev.david.pilato.fr/