Closed Index missing after restarting the elasticsearch cluster

Closed Index missing after restarting the elasticsearch cluster

error804
We are running elasticsearch  in extra large instances of amazon ec2. After restarting the cluster the closed index are not present in that cluster. So we are seeking for some help, can anybody have some ideas about that.

Re: Closed Index missing after restarting the elasticsearch cluster

Ivan Brusic
Does the data exist in the data directory (path.data)?

Cheers,

Ivan

On Wed, Sep 18, 2013 at 3:09 AM, pawansharma2045 <[hidden email]> wrote:
We are running elasticsearch  in extra large instances of amazon ec2. After restarting the cluster the closed index are not present in that cluster. So we are seeking for some help, can anybody have some ideas about that.

Re: Closed Index missing after restarting the elasticsearch cluster

error804

Thanks for the reply.

No data doesn't exist. That index as well as data lost. We have to process that data again.
You have got any ides about that.

Regards
Pawan

On Wed, Sep 18, 2013 at 9:06 PM, Ivan Brusic <[hidden email]> wrote:
Does the data exist in the data directory (path.data)?

Cheers,

Ivan

On Wed, Sep 18, 2013 at 3:09 AM, pawansharma2045 <[hidden email]> wrote:
We are running elasticsearch  in extra large instances of amazon ec2. After restarting the cluster the closed index are not present in that cluster. So we are seeking for some help, can anybody have some ideas about that.

Re: Closed Index missing after restarting the elasticsearch cluster

Alexander Reelsen-2
Hey,

can you create a reproducible example and provide some more information? I'd like to see

* how you create this index (any special configuration, also in your .yml file)
* how you close the index?
* is there anything in your logfiles? any exceptions?
* What elasticsearch version are you using?

Thanks!

--Alex

On Thu, Sep 19, 2013 at 10:24 AM, Pawan Sharma <[hidden email]> wrote:

Thanks for the reply.

No data doesn't exist. That index as well as data lost. We have to process that data again.
You have got any ides about that.

Regards
Pawan

On Wed, Sep 18, 2013 at 9:06 PM, Ivan Brusic <[hidden email]> wrote:
Does the data exist in the data directory (path.data)?

Cheers,

Ivan

On Wed, Sep 18, 2013 at 3:09 AM, pawansharma2045 <[hidden email]> wrote:
We are running elasticsearch  in extra large instances of amazon ec2. After restarting the cluster the closed index are not present in that cluster. So we are seeking for some help, can anybody have some ideas about that.

Re: Closed Index missing after restarting the elasticsearch cluster

error804
Hi,

We use python script to copy index from transient cluster.

This is used to creat index while copying from transient. Here we give source index [FROM] and destination Index  [To Be copied] .
call('curl -XPOST ' + destination_instances[0] + ':9200/' + dest_index+'/ -d @' + mapping_path + 'mapping', shell=True)

and
#  For Closing indexes we call
call('curl -XPOST ' + source_instances[0] + ':9200/' + source_index +'/_close', shell=True)
call('curl -XPOST ' + destination_instances[0] + ':9200/' + dest_index +'/_close', shell=True)

There is nothing abnormal or any logs or exceptions . Currently we are using 0.90.3

and nothing special configuration in .yml file.

Regards
Pawan

On Thu, Sep 19, 2013 at 2:21 PM, Alexander Reelsen <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

HI ivan Brusic,

There are open about 30 open indices during the restart.But the problem is only that the closed indices are missed.

Regards