Combining multiple search results

ThomasJ
i have a tricky case which I dont know how to solve.

I have 2 queries: q1 and q2 The 2 queries result in r1 and r2

each of the results is sorted by score.

As an overall search result i want to return a concatenation of r1+r2 before returning it to the application.

The reason is that i would break the pagination if I do it later.

Any idea? Its probalby an easy question but I am stuck on this...

PS:

we also experimented with sorting first by a priary sort criteria and then by the score.. but the score always breaks the first sort criteria somehow we cant get the score working only within its bucket.