Common approaches in search implementation

Common approaches in search implementation

Roman Kournjaev
Hi

I am replacing our existing search with ES currently , and everything runs pretty smooth.

Are there some common approaches that are widely applied , like :

Will I cover most cases with having :
  • Custom boosted prefix search in my search box
  • Custom boosted text search in the actual query ( when the search button is hit )
It seems like google is behaving the same way.

Is this something widely implemented in most cases or is that i am just making that up ?

I am working at : www.shopyourway.com

Thanks
Roman

Re: Common approaches in search implementation

Chris Male

On Thursday, August 9, 2012 6:41:01 AM UTC+12, Roman Kournjaev wrote:
Hi

I am replacing our existing search with ES currently , and everything runs pretty smooth.

Are there some common approaches that are widely applied , like :

Will I cover most cases with having :
  • Custom boosted prefix search in my search box
  • Custom boosted text search in the actual query ( when the search button is hit )
Are you able to expand a little more on what you mean with these two points?  Maybe an example or two of what you want?