Configuring a Custom Similarity

phill
I would like to port my customized Similarity class that I wrote for
Lucene over to ElasticSearch.

Is this possible at all before 0.90.0 Beta1?
http://www.elasticsearch.org/guide/reference/index-modules/similarity/

Since "Index Modules" still don't have any page that explains where the
example module defining documents go, can someone remind me again where
the examples get used?

I have script with the following command that I use to create my indices
at this time.

curl -XPOST "http://$node:9200/$indexName/?pretty=1" -d '{
  settings: {
        number_of_shards: 2,
        number_of_replicas: 3,
        analysis: {
             analyzer: {
     mappings: {
         "MyDocumentType1": {

I'm assuming (without documentation to confirm) that once I'm running
0.90.0 I'd just add

, "similarity: {

Is this correct?

Can I also put the YML equivalent of this block in my elasticsearch.yml
file?

The similarity page shows the Json document:

"similarity" : {
   "my_similarity" : {
     "type" : "DFR",
     "basic_model" : "g",
     "after_effect" : "l",
     "normalization" : "h2",
     "normalization.h2.c" : "3.0"

Can I specify a custom class using this new 0.90.0 similarity syntax?
Maybe

"similarity": {

    "my_similarity": {

       "type": "com.myDomain.extensions.MySimilarity",

       "myArg1" : "foo",

       "myArg2" : "42"

-Paul

Re: Configuring a Custom Similarity

Tanguy
Hi Paul,

I made something similar last year, and I hope this may help you:

It was on a 0.20.0.Beta1-SNAPSHOT.

-- Tanguy
http://github.com/tlrx/
Twitter: @tlrx

Le mardi 30 avril 2013 22:25:16 UTC+2, P Hill a √©crit :
[...]

mathursharp
Hi,

Can you please explain how to use a customsimilarity jar (created by overridding the similarity class of lucene) can be used .
i am confused on how to use this with java api and during mapping.

please help me out.