Correction in the variable name for ES Hive Documentation in es.json parameter

Correction in the variable name for ES Hive Documentation in es.json parameter

deepakas
Hi,
I was struggling to load json document to ES from Hive. Later realised that there was a mistake in documentation.
CREATE EXTERNAL TABLE json (data STRING)
STORED BY
'org.elasticsearch.hadoop.hive.EsStorageHandler'
TBLPROPERTIES
('es.resource' = '...',

'es.json.input` = 'yes');
Correct parameter  name is es.input.json instead of es.json.input and value is 'true' instead of 'yes'
CREATE EXTERNAL TABLE json (data STRING)
STORED BY
'org.elasticsearch.hadoop.hive.EsStorageHandler'
TBLPROPERTIES
('es.resource' = '...',

'es.input.json' = 'true');

Re: Correction in the variable name for ES Hive Documentation in es.json parameter

Costin Leau
Thanks for reporting and sorry for the mistake. I've fixed this in master and corrected the existing docs.

Cheers!

On 3/14/2014 12:15 AM, Deepak Subhramanian wrote:

> Hi,
> I was struggling to load json document to ES from Hive. Later realised that there was a mistake in documentation.
>
> CREATE EXTERNAL TABLE json(data STRING  <http://www.elasticsearch.org/guide/en/elasticsearch/hadoop/current/hive.html#CO17-1>)
> STORED BY'org.elasticsearch.hadoop.hive.EsStorageHandler'
> TBLPROPERTIES('es.resource'  =  '...',
>                'es.json.input` ='yes'  <http://www.elasticsearch.org/guide/en/elasticsearch/hadoop/current/hive.html#CO17-2>);
>
> Correct parameter  name is es.input.json instead of es.json.input and value is 'true' instead of 'yes'
>
> CREATE EXTERNAL TABLE json(data STRING  <http://www.elasticsearch.org/guide/en/elasticsearch/hadoop/current/hive.html#CO17-1>)
> STORED BY'org.elasticsearch.hadoop.hive.EsStorageHandler'
> TBLPROPERTIES('es.resource'  =  '...',
>                'es.input.json' ='true'  <http://www.elasticsearch.org/guide/en/elasticsearch/hadoop/current/hive.html#CO17-2>);

Costin