Creating pluggable REST endpoints

Ivan Brusic
There has been some talk about plugins lately, and I was wondering
about how much can be accomplished via plugins. I decided to create a
new REST endpoint and write a brief write-up about my experiences:
http://blog.brusic.com/2011/09/create-pluggable-rest-endpoints-in.html

Didn't take much snooping around, but it did make me wonder about
plugins and what the various modules actually do.

My example isn't much, but I was able to create a simple Maven pom
that should be a good starting point to creating an elasticsearch
plugin: https://github.com/brusic/elasticsearch-hello-world-plugin/blob/master/pom.xml

I have not done any Java development in over a year, forgot how much I
dislike Maven. :) Was about to learn gradle, but decided to skip it
for now.  Intellij just announced support for gradle in their new
beta.

Cheers,

Ivan

Re: Creating pluggable REST endpoints

Ivan Brusic
I also wanted to add that while my writeup is not interesting enough
for the online guide, there should be a recipe/cookbook for quick hack
such as this one. I have a few more.

On Fri, Sep 9, 2011 at 3:17 PM, Ivan Brusic <[hidden email]> wrote:

> There has been some talk about plugins lately, and I was wondering
> about how much can be accomplished via plugins. I decided to create a
> new REST endpoint and write a brief write-up about my experiences:
> http://blog.brusic.com/2011/09/create-pluggable-rest-endpoints-in.html
>
> Didn't take much snooping around, but it did make me wonder about
> plugins and what the various modules actually do.
>
> My example isn't much, but I was able to create a simple Maven pom
> that should be a good starting point to creating an elasticsearch
> plugin: https://github.com/brusic/elasticsearch-hello-world-plugin/blob/master/pom.xml
>
> I have not done any Java development in over a year, forgot how much I
> dislike Maven. :) Was about to learn gradle, but decided to skip it
> for now.  Intellij just announced support for gradle in their new
> beta.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Ivan

Re: Creating pluggable REST endpoints

dadoonet
Thank you so much for sharing this.
It will be very helpfull.

David ;-)

Le 9 sept. 2011 à 21:17, Ivan Brusic <[hidden email]> a écrit :

> There has been some talk about plugins lately, and I was wondering
> about how much can be accomplished via plugins. I decided to create a
> new REST endpoint and write a brief write-up about my experiences:
> http://blog.brusic.com/2011/09/create-pluggable-rest-endpoints-in.html
>
> Didn't take much snooping around, but it did make me wonder about
> plugins and what the various modules actually do.
>
> My example isn't much, but I was able to create a simple Maven pom
> that should be a good starting point to creating an elasticsearch
> plugin: https://github.com/brusic/elasticsearch-hello-world-plugin/blob/master/pom.xml
>
> I have not done any Java development in over a year, forgot how much I
> dislike Maven. :) Was about to learn gradle, but decided to skip it
> for now.  Intellij just announced support for gradle in their new
> beta.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Ivan

Re: Creating pluggable REST endpoints

Hi Ivan, this looks great!. How about putting in in the tutorial part of the elasticsearch.org site?