Disable cache?

Andrej
Hi,

I have a very simple question: is there a way to disable caching or
other runtime optimizations for tests? We are comparing several query
types, but this is a tough job with caching enabled.

Thanks!
Andrej

Andrej

Re: Disable cache?

Andrej
Does that mean that actually giving elasticsearch more memory doesnt
speed up the index and it would make more sense to leave memory to the
system for file caching? What are your recommendations for productive
use settings, concerning memory, shard size, shards per node?

On 14 Mrz., 14:53, Shay Banon <[hidden email]> wrote:

> The only really relevant filter that you can disable is the filter cache (set index.cache.filter.type to none) assuming you use filters. The main other cache usually used is the file system cache, which is OS level.
>

> On Wednesday, March 14, 2012 at 1:58 PM, Andrej Rosenheinrich wrote:
> > Hi,
>
> > I have a very simple question: is there a way to disable caching or
> > other runtime optimizations for tests? We are comparing several query
> > types, but this is a tough job with caching enabled.
>
> > Thanks!
> > Andrej

Re: Disable cache?

Hard to give numbers for shard size and shards per node and so on, really depends on the data, but in general, yes, no need to allocate more memory to ES then it really needs, the rest is best left for the OS.