Distributed search

tomlili
Hallo everybody,

I am new to elastic search.

So ...

First:
How can I start clients/masters on more then one server?

Second:
Where can I find a list of all options and there default values?

Greets

Tom

Re: Distributed search

See below:

On Tue, Mar 2, 2010 at 8:38 PM, tomlili <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hallo everybody,

I am new to elastic search.

So ...

First:
How can I start clients/masters on more then one server?

Just fire up elasticsearch in each server, they will automatically discover each other.

Second:
Where can I find a list of all options and there default values?

The docs, under the rest_api section: http://www.elasticsearch.com/docs/elasticsearch/rest_api/

Greets

Tom

AW: Distributed search

tomlili

Is it possible to limit the addresses on which to search for new masters/slaves?

I want to start some intances on some EC2 servers.

Greetz Tom

http://mail.yahoo.com

Re: Distributed search

In EC2 you will need to use unicast. The configuration is explained here: http://www.elasticsearch.com/docs/elasticsearch/modules/discovery/jgroups/#Multicast_Disabled

On Wed, Mar 3, 2010 at 3:17 PM, Tom Lander <[hidden email]> wrote:

Is it possible to limit the addresses on which to search for new masters/slaves?

I want to start some intances on some EC2 servers.

Greetz Tom

http://mail.yahoo.com

Re: Distributed search

Tux Racer
Hello List,

If two nodes are distant (two different data centers, communicating
over the WAN), what is the best way to detect the nodes?
What ports should I open on my firewall?

Thanks
TuX

TuX

Re: Distributed search

Graham Barr-2
When the cluster does contain nodes in separate colocations. Is it
possible to ensure that a copy of each shard exists within each colocation
and that any search is, if possible, performed on the replicas in the same
colocation ?

I have a scenario where I need to have the same search index in 4 colocations.
Our current solution involves building a separate index within each colocation.
It would be great if I could configure them in a cluster so that
changes could be
made in only one colocation and replicated to the rest

Graham.

On Tue, Mar 9, 2010 at 5:44 AM, Shay Banon <[hidden email]> wrote:

> In this case you would probably want to use unicast discovery as explained
> in the jgroups section
> (http://www.elasticsearch.com/docs/elasticsearch/modules/discovery/jgroups/#Multicast_Disabled).
> The transport specific ports are 9300-9400 (explained
> here: http://www.elasticsearch.com/docs/elasticsearch/modules/transport/netty/)
> - this controls the communication between nodes.
> -shay.banon
>
> On Mon, Mar 8, 2010 at 11:05 AM, TuX Racer <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hello List,
>>
>> If two nodes are distant (two different data centers, communicating
>> over the WAN), what is the best way to detect the nodes?
>> What ports should I open on my firewall?
>>
>> Thanks
>> TuX

Re: Distributed search

Currently, you can't do that with elasticsearch. What I mean is that you can't enforce where replica will exists, and you can't enforce where a search will go to. But, all is there and thought about, so its natural to add. I do plan to try and address something similar soon.

-shay.banon