Does Elasticsearch/MapperPlugin supports searching and retrieval of password protected attachment say PDF

Does Elasticsearch/MapperPlugin supports searching and retrieval of password protected attachment say PDF

Prashant Agrawal
Hi Team,

While indexing a password protected att say PDF, I was able to index properly, But while searching the same even with * as keyword it is neither returning the content_type nor content of an attachment.

So does ES supports searching and retrieval of pwd protected att.

Attached is the indexing request and searching request as well.

Index Query:
Attached as:
pdf_index_issue_Proper_protected.sh

Search Query 1:
{
  "fields": [
    "SessionAtt.content_type"
  ]
}

So here after searching the same I am not able to get any result either content or content type.

Search Query 2:
{
  "fields": [
    "_source",
    "SessionAtt.content_type"
  ]
}

With this the query goes on to hang and does not give any results.

Let me know if any more input is required to assess the same.

~Prashant

Re: Does Elasticsearch/MapperPlugin supports searching and retrieval of password protected attachment say PDF

Prashant Agrawal
Hi All,

Any comments on the above query?

~Prashant