Dynamic templates

searchersteve
Trying to implement dynamic templating in my app, consulting ES docs here. I'm not sure on what REST call I should be using. Should it be:

curl 'http://localhost:9200/twitter/tweets/_dynamic_templates' -d '
'{
    "person" : {
        "dynamic_templates" : [
            {
                "template_1" : {
etcetera....

Or should I be including the "dynamic_templates" portion of the JSON in a standard mapping PUT:

'curl -XPUT 'http://localhost:9200/twitter/tweets/_mapping' -d '
''{tweet:
    "person" : {
        "dynamic_templates" : [
            {
                "template_1" : {
etcetera....

Re: Dynamic templates

It should be part of the mapping when you PUT it in elasticsearch using the put mapping API.

http://www.elasticsearch.com/docs/elasticsearch/mapping/root_object_type/#dynamic_templates
here . I'm not sure on what REST call I should be using. Should it be:

curl 'http://localhost:9200/twitter/tweets/_dynamic_templates' -d '
'{
"person" : {
"dynamic_templates" : [