ELK query throttling

chris85lang
Hello,

we are using the ELK setup for our log management. The document count is currently around 1.5 Billion.
We are facing the problem when users making queries by the elasticsearch API or by the Kibana Dashboard it makes the API unresponsive and its just recoverable by restarting the elasticsearch service.

Is there a way to prevent searches on to many documents or skip a search when it takes to long.

Any help appreciated!

Cheers,
Chris

---