Elastic 1.5.1 + postgresql

Fabio Ebner
It's possible to connect the elastic 1.5.1 with my postgresql?? in 1.3.1 I do this with river plugin, but in 1.5.1 I read that river are deprecated.

tks

Re: Elastic 1.5.1 + postgresql

joergprante@gmail.com
You can still use the JDBC plugin. It is not only a river, but also a standalone module, similar to Logstash.

Jörg

On Thu, Apr 9, 2015 at 10:07 PM, Fabio Ebner <[hidden email]> wrote:
It's possible to connect the elastic 1.5.1 with my postgresql?? in 1.3.1 I do this with river plugin, but in 1.5.1 I read that river are deprecated.

tks

Re: Elastic 1.5.1 + postgresql

Tim Bunce
On Thu, Apr 09, 2015 at 01:07:43PM -0700, Fabio Ebner wrote:
>    It's possible to connect the elastic 1.5.1 with my postgresql?? in 1.3.1 I do this with river plugin,
>    but in 1.5.1 I read that river are deprecated.

I'm hoping someone will implement a Postgres Foreign Data Wrapper for
Elasticsearch. (I'd do it myself by my time is taken elsewhere.)

There are many wrappers already, including interfaces to a number of
"NoSQL" databases like Cassandra, CouchDB, MongoDB, RethinkDB etc:
https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Foreign_data_wrappers

The Multicorn project http://multicorn.org is a PostgreSQL extension to
make Foreign Data Wrapper development easy by allowing the programmer
to use the Python programming language.

It ought to be simple to implement a PostgreSQL FDW for Elasticsearch
using Multicorn and the Elasticsearch Python API.

The end result would be that Elasticsearch data would appear as tables
in your Postgres database. You could then insert, delete, update and
select Elasticsearch data from within Postgres.

Here are the slides for "Write a Foreign Data Wrapper in 15 minutes":
https://wiki.postgresql.org/images/7/7e/Conferences-write_a_foreign_data_wrapper_in_15_minutes-presentation.pdf

Tim.