Elastic Search and GSA comparision

lalit mishra
Hi All,
In one of our project we are planning to have xml document indexed and we are comparing Elastic Search and Google Search Appliance. We would only be interested in indexing documents as currently we are receiving the documents in xml formats and we would not be crawling any web pages or documentum or sharepoint location, Can any one help me in guiding which one should be better, We are already aware of GSA being paid software which comes along with hardware,
If I use Elastic search on shared NFS location do we still receive Stale NFS file error due to underline Lucene been used(used to get this error while using Compass) ?

Thanks,
Lalit