Elastic Search on google App engine

user515
Is elastic search compatible with google appengine? Are any examples
available?

Re: Elastic Search on google App engine

Lukáš Vlček
Hi,

I do not think this would be possible as appengine has several limitations in its Java API, for example it does not permit to create new instance of ThreadPoolExecutor (see more here: http://code.google.com/appengine/docs/java/runtime.html#The_Sandbox).

Regards,
Lukas

available?

Re: Elastic Search on google App engine

user515
In the link provided below kimchy shows how to implement search on
appengine with compass. He suggests it is possible to turn of threads
to comply with the sandbox limitations. Since compass and elastic
search are both based on lucene shouldn't something similar be
possible?

http://www.kimchy.org/searchable-google-appengine-with-compass/

Regards,
Aghi

On Apr 17, 2:10 am, Lukáš Vlček <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I do not think this would be possible as appengine has several limitations
> in its Java API, for example it does not permit to create new instance of
> ThreadPoolExecutor (see more here:http://code.google.com/appengine/docs/java/runtime.html#The_Sandbox).
>
> Regards,
> Lukas

> > Is elastic search compatible with google appengine? Are any examples
> > available?

Re: Elastic Search on google App engine

Nope, elasticsearch is not aimed at running on GAE.

shay.banon