ElasticSearch 0.9.0 Released

    elasticsearch 0.9.0 has just been released, read more here: http://bit.ly/cXkh07. Enjoy!

-shay.banon

Re: ElasticSearch 0.9.0 Released

ppearcy
Congrats!

Lots of killer features that are really differentiating ES from other
search products.

Can really tell how much hard work has gone into this. Thank you.

On Jul 26, 2:34 pm, Shay Banon <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>     elasticsearch 0.9.0 has just been released, read more here:http://bit.ly/cXkh07. Enjoy!
>
> -shay.banon

Re: ElasticSearch 0.9.0 Released

thanks!. more to come ;)

On Tue, Jul 27, 2010 at 12:59 AM, Paul <[hidden email]> wrote:
Congrats!

Lots of killer features that are really differentiating ES from other
search products.

Can really tell how much hard work has gone into this. Thank you.

On Jul 26, 2:34 pm, Shay Banon <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>     elasticsearch 0.9.0 has just been released, read more here:http://bit.ly/cXkh07. Enjoy!
>
> -shay.banon

Re: ElasticSearch 0.9.0 Released

David Jensen-2
Excellent news!

Are there notes or instructions on how to upgrade from a previous
version, like 0.8.0, to 0.9.0? Or, if I have a gateway, do I just fire
it up and wait for the indexes to be restored from the gateway?

On Jul 26, 3:10 pm, Shay Banon <[hidden email]> wrote:

> thanks!. more to come ;)
>

> On Tue, Jul 27, 2010 at 12:59 AM, Paul <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Congrats!
>
> > Lots of killer features that are really differentiating ES from other
> > search products.
>
> > Can really tell how much hard work has gone into this. Thank you.
>
> > On Jul 26, 2:34 pm, Shay Banon <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > > Hi,
>
> > >     elasticsearch 0.9.0 has just been released, read more here:
> >http://bit.ly/cXkh07. Enjoy!
>
> > > -shay.banon

Re: ElasticSearch 0.9.0 Released

Diptamay
Thats awesome! I just fired it up and was hoping that it would read
the indexes to be restored from the fs gateway which I had created
earlier using 0.80. But alas that did not happen. Do I need to re-

On Jul 26, 6:57 pm, David Jensen <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Excellent news!
>
> Are there notes or instructions on how to upgrade from a previous
> version, like 0.8.0, to 0.9.0? Or, if I have a gateway, do I just fire
> it up and wait for the indexes to be restored from the gateway?
>
> On Jul 26, 3:10 pm, Shay Banon <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> > thanks!. more to come ;)
>
> > On Tue, Jul 27, 2010 at 12:59 AM, Paul <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > > Congrats!
>
> > > Lots of killer features that are really differentiating ES from other
> > > search products.
>
> > > Can really tell how much hard work has gone into this. Thank you.

> > >http://bit.ly/cXkh07. Enjoy!

Re: ElasticSearch 0.9.0 Released

Stephen-2
Sweet!  I was kind of sad the Java Service Wrapper stuff got thrown
out.  Any chance that was just a mistake?  Or am I in for another 30
minutes of configuring the wrapper?  :-)

On Jul 26, 3:34 pm, Shay Banon <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>     elasticsearch 0.9.0 has just been released, read more here:http://bit.ly/cXkh07. Enjoy!
>
> -shay.banon

Re: ElasticSearch 0.9.0 Released

Stephen-2
Oh, also on that note.. any chance it could also be uploaded to the
Maven repo?

On Jul 26, 3:34 pm, Shay Banon <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>     elasticsearch 0.9.0 has just been released, read more here:http://bit.ly/cXkh07. Enjoy!
>
> -shay.banon

Re: ElasticSearch 0.9.0 Released

Andrew Harvey-2
The java service wrapper was pushed out into another repo.

http://github.com/elasticsearch/elasticsearch-servicewrapper

Andrew

On 26/07/2010, at 5:11 PM, Stephen wrote:

> Sweet!  I was kind of sad the Java Service Wrapper stuff got thrown
> out.  Any chance that was just a mistake?  Or am I in for another 30
> minutes of configuring the wrapper?  :-)
>
> On Jul 26, 3:34 pm, Shay Banon <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>>     elasticsearch 0.9.0 has just been released, read more here:http://bit.ly/cXkh07. Enjoy!
>>
>> -shay.banon

Andrew Harvey / Developer
lexer
m/
t/ +61 2 9019 6379
w/  http://lexer.com.au
Help put an end to whaling. Visit http://www.givewhalesavoice.com.au/

This email transmission is confidential and intended solely for the person or organisation to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not copy, distribute or disseminate the information, or take any action in relation to it and please delete this e-mail. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except where the send specifically states them to be the views of any organisation or employer. If you have received this message in error, do not open any attachment but please notify the sender (above). This message has been checked for all known viruses powered by McAfee.

For further information visit http://www.mcafee.com/us/threat_center/default.asp
Please rely on your own virus check as no responsibility is taken by the sender for any damage rising out of any virus infection this communication may contain.

Re: ElasticSearch 0.9.0 Released

Lukáš Vlček

unfortunately, complete data re-indexing is required if you go from 0.8 to 0.9

Regards,
Lukas

On Tue, Jul 27, 2010 at 12:57 AM, David Jensen <[hidden email]> wrote:
Excellent news!

Are there notes or instructions on how to upgrade from a previous
version, like 0.8.0, to 0.9.0? Or, if I have a gateway, do I just fire
it up and wait for the indexes to be restored from the gateway?

On Jul 26, 3:10 pm, Shay Banon <[hidden email]> wrote:
> thanks!. more to come ;)
>

> On Tue, Jul 27, 2010 at 12:59 AM, Paul <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Congrats!
>
> > Lots of killer features that are really differentiating ES from other
> > search products.
>
> > Can really tell how much hard work has gone into this. Thank you.
>
> > On Jul 26, 2:34 pm, Shay Banon <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > > Hi,
>
> > >     elasticsearch 0.9.0 has just been released, read more here:
> >http://bit.ly/cXkh07. Enjoy!
>
> > > -shay.banon

Re: ElasticSearch 0.9.0 Released

    The maven repo has been updated with 0.9.0.

-shay.banon

On Tue, Jul 27, 2010 at 8:05 AM, Lukáš Vlček <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

unfortunately, complete data re-indexing is required if you go from 0.8 to 0.9

Regards,
Lukas

On Tue, Jul 27, 2010 at 12:57 AM, David Jensen <[hidden email]> wrote:
Excellent news!

Are there notes or instructions on how to upgrade from a previous
version, like 0.8.0, to 0.9.0? Or, if I have a gateway, do I just fire
it up and wait for the indexes to be restored from the gateway?

On Jul 26, 3:10 pm, Shay Banon <[hidden email]> wrote:
> thanks!. more to come ;)
>

> On Tue, Jul 27, 2010 at 12:59 AM, Paul <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Congrats!
>
> > Lots of killer features that are really differentiating ES from other
> > search products.
>
> > Can really tell how much hard work has gone into this. Thank you.
>
> > On Jul 26, 2:34 pm, Shay Banon <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > > Hi,
>
> > >     elasticsearch 0.9.0 has just been released, read more here:
> >http://bit.ly/cXkh07. Enjoy!
>
> > > -shay.banon

Re: ElasticSearch 0.9.0 Released

vishal ingle
Congrats ...
This will surely make life easier..

On Jul 27, 3:38 am, Shay Banon <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
>     The maven repo has been updated with 0.9.0.
>
> -shay.banon
>

> On Tue, Jul 27, 2010 at 8:05 AM, Lukáš Vlček <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Hi,
>
> > unfortunately, complete data re-indexing is required if you go from 0.8 to
> > 0.9
>
> > Regards,
> > Lukas
>
> > On Tue, Jul 27, 2010 at 12:57 AM, David Jensen <[hidden email]>wrote:
>
> >> Excellent news!
>
> >> Are there notes or instructions on how to upgrade from a previous
> >> version, like 0.8.0, to 0.9.0? Or, if I have a gateway, do I just fire
> >> it up and wait for the indexes to be restored from the gateway?

Re: ElasticSearch 0.9.0 Released

Ein Droid
Cant wait to play around with those facets, thx for all this !

one problem though:

I cant build from sratch (with maven (shouldnot matter)), downloading the sources from github v9.0 as tar and zip and even git-pulling the master. There are missing classes, i.e. :

org/elasticsearch/cluster/node/DiscoveryNodes.java:[222,22] cannot find symbol
symbol  : class ImmutableList

what do I wrong?

-o

Re: ElasticSearch 0.9.0 Released

Lukáš Vlček
Hi,

can you provide more details about how you got the error?

I do:
> git pull
> gradlew clean release
and it works fine for me.

Optionally, I do
> gradlew clean release install
in the second step to install result atrifacts into my local maven repo (this can be handy if working with SNAPSHOT version)

Regards,
Lukas

-o

Re: ElasticSearch 0.9.0 Released

Ein Droid
Hello Lukas,

I cant find the Class:

:elasticsearch-elasticsearch-87564e8$ find . -name 'ImmutableList*'

but this class is needed by i.e. DiscoveryNodes.java:{
package org.elasticsearch.cluster.node;

import org.elasticsearch.common.collect.ImmutableList;
[...]
}

since its imported through org.elasticsearch.common.collect I assumed that it would be part of that package, which is part of ES in github, but its not , if I am not wrong.

-o

On Wed, Jul 28, 2010 at 3:45 PM, Lukáš Vlček <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

can you provide more details about how you got the error?

I do:
> git pull
> gradlew clean release
and it works fine for me.

Optionally, I do
> gradlew clean release install
in the second step to install result atrifacts into my local maven repo (this can be handy if working with SNAPSHOT version)

Regards,
Lukas

On Wed, Jul 28, 2010 at 3:17 PM, Ein Droid <[hidden email]> wrote:
Cant wait to play around with those facets, thx for all this !

one problem though:

I cant build from sratch (with maven (shouldnot matter)), downloading the sources from github v9.0 as tar and zip and even git-pulling the master. There are missing classes, i.e. :

org/elasticsearch/cluster/node/DiscoveryNodes.java:[222,22] cannot find symbol
symbol  : class ImmutableList

what do I wrong?

-o

Re: ElasticSearch 0.9.0 Released

Lukáš Vlček
Ein,

you would find this class in google collection which is packed into ES using jarjar. In other words, you will not find this class in ES sources but you can find compiled class in final elasticsearch-0.9.0.jar. Which IDE are you using to explore elasticsearch source files? You might want to look at wiki: http://wiki.github.com/elasticsearch/elasticsearch/getting-started-with-the-source-code (probably needs to be updated a bit but in general it should be still relevant).

Regards,
Lukas

On Wed, Jul 28, 2010 at 4:14 PM, Ein Droid <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello Lukas,

I cant find the Class:

:elasticsearch-elasticsearch-87564e8$ find . -name 'ImmutableList*'

but this class is needed by i.e. DiscoveryNodes.java:{
package org.elasticsearch.cluster.node;

import org.elasticsearch.common.collect.ImmutableList;
[...]
}

since its imported through org.elasticsearch.common.collect I assumed that it would be part of that package, which is part of ES in github, but its not , if I am not wrong.

-o

On Wed, Jul 28, 2010 at 3:45 PM, Lukáš Vlček <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

can you provide more details about how you got the error?

I do:
> git pull
> gradlew clean release
and it works fine for me.

Optionally, I do
> gradlew clean release install
in the second step to install result atrifacts into my local maven repo (this can be handy if working with SNAPSHOT version)

Regards,
Lukas

On Wed, Jul 28, 2010 at 3:17 PM, Ein Droid <[hidden email]> wrote:
Cant wait to play around with those facets, thx for all this !

one problem though:

I cant build from sratch (with maven (shouldnot matter)), downloading the sources from github v9.0 as tar and zip and even git-pulling the master. There are missing classes, i.e. :

org/elasticsearch/cluster/node/DiscoveryNodes.java:[222,22] cannot find symbol
symbol  : class ImmutableList

what do I wrong?

-o

Re: ElasticSearch 0.9.0 Released

Ein Droid
Lukas,
you made ist clear to me, thanx a bunch.
I use netbeans as IDE. JarJar should work with maven , I will try it.

may the source be with you !
oo