Quantcast

ElasticSearch - Single Server x Multiple Nodes Servers

ElasticSearch - Single Server x Multiple Nodes Servers

Vinicius Melo
 Are there any advantages or disadvantages  to running ElasticSearch over one Single Server or Clustering it ?

Also could somebody help me how many entries and query request/sec an AWS Ec2 Small Instance would be able to perfom well ?

Re: ElasticSearch - Single Server x Multiple Nodes Servers

Ivan Brusic
The advantages of clustering are taking advantage of replicas for
high-availability, distributed indexing and querying for performance,
and memory reduction per server since one single node does not contain
the entire index (if configured so).

Number of requests per second is highly dependent on the use case. You
can have large documents, but small indices. Queries can contain
facets (which populate the field cache and therefore memory) or not.
One size does not fit all.

Cheers,

Ivan