ElasticSearch across multiple data center architecture design options

ElasticSearch across multiple data center architecture design options

Abigail
Hi all,

We are planning to use ELK for our log analysis. We have multiple data centers. Since it is not recommended to have across data center cluster, we are going to have one ES cluster per data center,  here are the three design options we have:

1. Use snapshot & restore to replicate data across clusters.
2. Use tribe node to achieve across cluster queries
3. Ship and index logs to each cluster

Here are our questions, and any comments will be appreciated:
1. How complex is snapshot & restore, anyone has experience on this purpose?
2. Would the performance of only one tribe node be a concern or bottleneck, is it possible to have multiple tribe nodes for scale up or load balancing?
3. Is it possible to customize Kibana so that it can go to different cluster to query data depends on the query?

Thank you!
Abigail

Re: ElasticSearch across multiple data center architecture design options

Mark Walkom-2
1 - It's pretty simple and has been used before.
2 - it can be yes. You can have multiple tribe nodes though.
3 - This may be possible but you'd have to hack a fair bit of code, so it's not really practical.

On 10 March 2015 at 13:00, Alex <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Hi Mark,

Thank you for your reply. Is there any existing approach for kibana to communicate with multiple tribe nodes? Or is it something we should implement by ourselves by customizing kibana?

Thank you!
Abigail

On 10 March 2015 at 13:00, Alex <<a href="javascript:" target="_blank" gdf-obfuscated-mailto="ILSTZWzb6v4J" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href='javascript:';return true;" onclick="this.href='javascript:';return true;">nay...@...> wrote: