Elastica - PHP client for elasticsearch

ruflin-2
Hi

I published my PHP client for elasticsearch named Elastica to github.
The client is still in development but it I'm already using it in two
installations. The difference to the PHP client from nervetattoo is
that it integrates easily with Zend Framework. Some examples how to
use the client can be found in the tests (more are coming).

The client can be found here:
http://github.com/ruflin/Elastica

Feedback and suggestions are always welcome.

Nicolas

Nicolas

Re: Elastica - PHP client for elasticsearch

ruflin-2
I just created tag v0.1 https://github.com/ruflin/Elastica/tree/v0.1
So now everyone is able to download a specific version and I can start
to break things again ;-)

On Oct 20, 1:04 pm, Shay Banon <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Great!, added it here:http://www.elasticsearch.com/products/(should be up
> soon).
>

> On Wed, Oct 20, 2010 at 1:49 PM, ruflin <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Hi
>
> > I published my PHP client for elasticsearch named Elastica to github.
> > The client is still in development but it I'm already using it in two
> > installations. The difference to the PHP client from nervetattoo is
> > that it integrates easily with Zend Framework. Some examples how to
> > use the client can be found in the tests (more are coming).
>
> > The client can be found here:
> >http://github.com/ruflin/Elastica
>
> > Feedback and suggestions are always welcome.
>
> > Nicolas

Re: Elastica - PHP client for elasticsearch

Looks great!. One question based on the example, I don't see how bulk operation supports also deletes?

-shay.banon

On Thu, Nov 25, 2010 at 11:40 PM, ruflin <[hidden email]> wrote:
I just created tag v0.1 https://github.com/ruflin/Elastica/tree/v0.1
So now everyone is able to download a specific version and I can start
to break things again ;-)

On Oct 20, 1:04 pm, Shay Banon <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Great!, added it here:http://www.elasticsearch.com/products/(should be up
> soon).
>

> On Wed, Oct 20, 2010 at 1:49 PM, ruflin <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Hi
>
> > I published my PHP client for elasticsearch named Elastica to github.
> > The client is still in development but it I'm already using it in two
> > installations. The difference to the PHP client from nervetattoo is
> > that it integrates easily with Zend Framework. Some examples how to
> > use the client can be found in the tests (more are coming).
>
> > The client can be found here:
> >http://github.com/ruflin/Elastica
>
> > Feedback and suggestions are always welcome.
>
> > Nicolas

Re: Elastica - PHP client for elasticsearch

ruflin-2
Bulk deleting can be done with the following code (based on the ids)

        /**
         * Deletes documents with the given ids, index, type from the index
         *
         * @link http://www.elasticsearch.com/docs/elasticsearch/rest_api/bulk/
         * @param array $ids Document ids
         * @param string $index Index name
         * @param string $type Type of documents
         * @return Elastica_Response Response object
         * @throws Elastica_Exception If ids is empty
         */
        public function deleteIds(array $ids, $index, $type) {

An example would be:
$client->deleteIds(array(1, 7, 9), 'xodoa', 'user');

I will add that to the example with the next commit.

Thanks for pointing that out.

On Nov 25, 10:48 pm, Shay Banon <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Looks great!. One question based on the example, I don't see how bulk
> operation supports also deletes?
>
> -shay.banon
>

> On Thu, Nov 25, 2010 at 11:40 PM, ruflin <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > I just created tag v0.1https://github.com/ruflin/Elastica/tree/v0.1
> > So now everyone is able to download a specific version and I can start
> > to break things again ;-)
>
> > On Oct 20, 1:04 pm, Shay Banon <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > > Great!, added it here:http://www.elasticsearch.com/products/(shouldbe
> > up
> > > soon).

Re: Elastica - PHP client for elasticsearch

Nice. But, its still missing the capability in the bulk API to have both index and delete operations, on different indices and types. Maybe add it as an API on the Client?

On Sat, Nov 27, 2010 at 1:15 PM, ruflin <[hidden email]> wrote:
Bulk deleting can be done with the following code (based on the ids)

       /**
        * Deletes documents with the given ids, index, type from the index
        *
        * @link http://www.elasticsearch.com/docs/elasticsearch/rest_api/bulk/
        * @param array $ids Document ids
        * @param string $index Index name
        * @param string $type Type of documents
        * @return Elastica_Response Response object
        * @throws Elastica_Exception If ids is empty
        */
       public function deleteIds(array $ids, $index, $type) {

An example would be:
$client->deleteIds(array(1, 7, 9), 'xodoa', 'user');

I will add that to the example with the next commit.

Thanks for pointing that out.

On Nov 25, 10:48 pm, Shay Banon <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Looks great!. One question based on the example, I don't see how bulk
> operation supports also deletes?
>
> -shay.banon
>

> On Thu, Nov 25, 2010 at 11:40 PM, ruflin <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > I just created tag v0.1https://github.com/ruflin/Elastica/tree/v0.1
> > So now everyone is able to download a specific version and I can start
> > to break things again ;-)
>
> > On Oct 20, 1:04 pm, Shay Banon <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > > Great!, added it here:http://www.elasticsearch.com/products/(shouldbe
> > up
> > > soon).

Re: Elastica - PHP client for elasticsearch

ruflin-2
You're right. This is not possible yet. For the next release I will
probably add a function

function bulk(array $params);

in the Client object. Like this all params can be directly passed as
nested array to the function like:

array(
  'delete' => array('_index' => 'test', '_type' => 'user', '_id' =>
1),
  'index' => array(...

);

This should probably work.

If someone already now wants to use such a function, it is always
possible to create own calls and call the request method:

return $this->request($path, Elastica_Request::PUT, $query);

On Nov 27, 4:27 pm, Shay Banon <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Nice. But, its still missing the capability in the bulk API to have both
> index and delete operations, on different indices and types. Maybe add it as
> an API on the Client?
>

> On Sat, Nov 27, 2010 at 1:15 PM, ruflin <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Bulk deleting can be done with the following code (based on the ids)
>
> >        /**
> >         * Deletes documents with the given ids, index, type from the index
> >         *
> >         * @link
> >http://www.elasticsearch.com/docs/elasticsearch/rest_api/bulk/
> >         * @param array $ids Document ids
> >         * @param string $index Index name
> >         * @param string $type Type of documents
> >         * @return Elastica_Response Response object
> >         * @throws Elastica_Exception If ids is empty
> >         */
> >        public function deleteIds(array $ids, $index, $type) {
>
> > An example would be:
> > $client->deleteIds(array(1, 7, 9), 'xodoa', 'user');
>
> > I will add that to the example with the next commit.
>
> > Thanks for pointing that out.
>
> > On Nov 25, 10:48 pm, Shay Banon <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > > Looks great!. One question based on the example, I don't see how bulk
> > > operation supports also deletes?
>
> > > -shay.banon

> >http://www.elasticsearch.com/products/(shouldbe

> > github.
> > two

Re: Elastica - PHP client for elasticsearch

ruflin-2
This should resolve the problem:
https://github.com/ruflin/Elastica/commit/d1f54b5cab2d1d8130cc69cc10f34dccf6082333

My example on top was not 100% correct. Please check the code
documentation for an example.

On Nov 28, 10:43 pm, ruflin <[hidden email]> wrote:

> You're right. This is not possible yet. For the next release I will
> probably add a function
>
> function bulk(array $params);
>
> in the Client object. Like this all params can be directly passed as
> nested array to the function like:
>
> array(
>   'delete' => array('_index' => 'test', '_type' => 'user', '_id' =>
> 1),
>   'index' => array(...
>
> );
>
> This should probably work.
>
> If someone already now wants to use such a function, it is always
> possible to create own calls and call the request method:
>
> return $this->request($path, Elastica_Request::PUT, $query);
>
> On Nov 27, 4:27 pm, Shay Banon <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> > Nice. But, its still missing the capability in the bulk API to have both
> > index and delete operations, on different indices and types. Maybe add it as
> > an API on the Client?
>
> > On Sat, Nov 27, 2010 at 1:15 PM, ruflin <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > > Bulk deleting can be done with the following code (based on the ids)
>
> > >        /**
> > >         * Deletes documents with the given ids, index, type from the index
> > >         *
> > >         * @link
> > >http://www.elasticsearch.com/docs/elasticsearch/rest_api/bulk/
> > >         * @param array $ids Document ids
> > >         * @param string $index Index name
> > >         * @param string $type Type of documents
> > >         * @return Elastica_Response Response object
> > >         * @throws Elastica_Exception If ids is empty
> > >         */
> > >        public function deleteIds(array $ids, $index, $type) {
>
> > > An example would be:
> > > $client->deleteIds(array(1, 7, 9), 'xodoa', 'user');
>
> > > I will add that to the example with the next commit.
>
> > > Thanks for pointing that out.

> > >http://www.elasticsearch.com/products/(shouldbe

> > > github.
> > > two

Re: Elastica - PHP client for elasticsearch

Great!, the ability to have index and delete mixed (and ordered) in the same bulk request is important, great that you enabled it. Note that the type in the index payload is optional (you don't have to provide the type as the top level json object), maybe it make sense to doc it.

On Mon, Nov 29, 2010 at 12:04 AM, ruflin <[hidden email]> wrote:
This should resolve the problem:
https://github.com/ruflin/Elastica/commit/d1f54b5cab2d1d8130cc69cc10f34dccf6082333

My example on top was not 100% correct. Please check the code
documentation for an example.

On Nov 28, 10:43 pm, ruflin <[hidden email]> wrote:
> You're right. This is not possible yet. For the next release I will
> probably add a function
>
> function bulk(array $params);
>
> in the Client object. Like this all params can be directly passed as
> nested array to the function like:
>
> array(
>   'delete' => array('_index' => 'test', '_type' => 'user', '_id' =>
> 1),
>   'index' => array(...
>
> );
>
> This should probably work.
>
> If someone already now wants to use such a function, it is always
> possible to create own calls and call the request method:
>
> return $this->request($path, Elastica_Request::PUT, $query);
>
> On Nov 27, 4:27 pm, Shay Banon <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> > Nice. But, its still missing the capability in the bulk API to have both
> > index and delete operations, on different indices and types. Maybe add it as
> > an API on the Client?
>
> > On Sat, Nov 27, 2010 at 1:15 PM, ruflin <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > > Bulk deleting can be done with the following code (based on the ids)
>
> > >        /**
> > >         * Deletes documents with the given ids, index, type from the index
> > >         *
> > >         * @link
> > >http://www.elasticsearch.com/docs/elasticsearch/rest_api/bulk/
> > >         * @param array $ids Document ids
> > >         * @param string $index Index name
> > >         * @param string $type Type of documents
> > >         * @return Elastica_Response Response object
> > >         * @throws Elastica_Exception If ids is empty
> > >         */
> > >        public function deleteIds(array $ids, $index, $type) {
>
> > > An example would be:
> > > $client->deleteIds(array(1, 7, 9), 'xodoa', 'user');
>
> > > I will add that to the example with the next commit.
>
> > > Thanks for pointing that out.

> > >http://www.elasticsearch.com/products/(shouldbe

> > > github.
> > > two

Re: Elastica - PHP client for elasticsearch

ruflin-2
Didn't know that. So it takes the type from the previous index
statement? Will add that to the documentation.

On Nov 28, 11:15 pm, Shay Banon <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Great!, the ability to have index and delete mixed (and ordered) in the same
> bulk request is important, great that you enabled it. Note that the type in
> the index payload is optional (you don't have to provide the type as the top
> level json object), maybe it make sense to doc it.
>

> On Mon, Nov 29, 2010 at 12:04 AM, ruflin <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > This should resolve the problem:
>
> >https://github.com/ruflin/Elastica/commit/d1f54b5cab2d1d8130cc69cc10f...
>
> > My example on top was not 100% correct. Please check the code
> > documentation for an example.
>
> > On Nov 28, 10:43 pm, ruflin <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > > You're right. This is not possible yet. For the next release I will
> > > probably add a function
>
> > > function bulk(array $params);
>
> > > in the Client object. Like this all params can be directly passed as
> > > nested array to the function like:
>
> > > array(
> > >   'delete' => array('_index' => 'test', '_type' => 'user', '_id' =>
> > > 1),
> > >   'index' => array(...
>
> > > );
>
> > > This should probably work.
>
> > > If someone already now wants to use such a function, it is always
> > > possible to create own calls and call the request method:
>
> > > return $this->request($path, Elastica_Request::PUT, $query);

> > both
> > it as

> > bulk

> >https://github.com/ruflin/Elastica/tree/v0.1
> > start

> > it in
> > nervetattoo is
> > how to

Re: Elastica - PHP client for elasticsearch

Yes, its the same thing in the index API as well.