Elasticsearch Index Engine

Ankit Jain

It says:

The refresh API allows to explicitly refresh one or more index, making all operations performed since the last refresh available for search. The (near) real-time capabilities depend on the index engine used. For example, the robin one requires refresh to be called, but by default a refresh is scheduled periodically.

I wanted to ask that do we've any other index engine other than robin where i can try out the refresh capabilities.

Re: Elasticsearch Index Engine

ha! this brings back memories, whe ES was created the idea was that it would possibly have multiple engines in a similar manner to other systems. in practice, it ended up having a single implementation, called robin, which us e lucene NRT (near real time search) support, requiring to refresh an index in order to make the latest changes available for search (this is done automatically in ES by default every second)

On Fri, May 31, 2013 at 3:55 PM, Ankit Jain <[hidden email]> wrote:

It says:

The refresh API allows to explicitly refresh one or more index, making all operations performed since the last refresh available for search. The (near) real-time capabilities depend on the index engine used. For example, the robin one requires refresh to be called, but by default a refresh is scheduled periodically.

I wanted to ask that do we've any other index engine other than robin where i can try out the refresh capabilities.

Re: Elasticsearch Index Engine

Ankit Jain
Hi Kimchy,

Thanks for the reply.

If we will use memory store, then after how much time, the in memory data is available for search?.

Also, after how much time, the data will be flushed into disk?.

Thanks,
Ankit