Elasticsearch Upgrade to Version 1.4.4

costya
Hi ,

We are running on Elasticsearch Version 1.4.2  , Our client version is 1.4.1.

We want to upgrade to Es version 1.4.4 do we need to upgrade the Client version in order to achive the upgrdae ?

Thanks,

Costya.

Re: Elasticsearch Upgrade to Version 1.4.4

Ivan Brusic

In my experience, the client can be older than the server.* The server side code contains many version checks, so it should know how to handle requests from older clients. The inverse is much harder to support since clients do not change their requests based on the server.

* Between minor versions. It should work between major versions as well, but I would not chance it.

Ivan