Elasticsearch and MongoDB without River

sriharshakiran
Hi All

Now that rivers are deprecated, I need to index data into ES from MongoDB. Can anyone suggest an approach?

We currently have a system in place with mongo river. I just need to know what should be the plan of action to get data into ES without Rivers.

Thanks
Sri Harsha

Re: Elasticsearch and MongoDB without River

Martin Stabenfeldt

sriharshakiran wrote
Now that rivers are deprecated, I need to index data into ES from MongoDB. Can anyone suggest an approach?
2 approaches to sync Elasticsearch and MongoDB. [1]: https://github.com/compose/transporter/  [2]: https://github.com/10gen-labs/mongo-connector.  I haven't seen any docs describing how to set up with Apache Storm.

Which one is recommend? I got my data hosted at Compose.io. The transporter river (still in beta) keeps failing and needs to be manually removed and added every time.

I guess a lot of people still use MongoDB and ES, even though the rivers are deprecated? What's the official recommendation?
Mongo-connector looks more mature than transporter. What's your guys experience?

Cheers,
Martin