Elasticsearch as caching store

Ankit Jain
Hi All,

We want to use the Elasticsearch as caching store. We are planning to use MMap store for that purpose.

Any suggestion would really be appreciable !!

Regards,
Ankit

Re: Elasticsearch as caching store

joergprante@gmail.com
It depends on what you want to cache. In most cases with ES, cache is overkill because ES uses internal caching, and it easily ends up in the double caching problem which affects performance.

Saving ES query results? Depends on your queries, their runtime, concurrency, length of result set, network latency...

Saving Java objects on the heap? Look at Guava https://code.google.com/p/guava-libraries/wiki/CachesExplained

Or a generic, volatile key/value memory cache? Look at memcached http://memcached.org/

Re: Elasticsearch as caching store

Ankit Jain
Hi Jorg,

Thank you very much for your response.

We are planning to store the 2 Elasticsearch cluster.

Cluster 1 will store the data using neoFs file-system.
Cluster 2 will store the data using mMap file-system and will store the result of queries fired on cluster1. Later, we would search on cluster 2 to apply some more filtering/condition on fetched records.

Regards,
Ankit Jain