Elasticsearch import configuration files

Elasticsearch import configuration files

Michael Power
Hello,

Is there anyway to reconfigure elasticsearch without changing the main /etc/elasticsearch/elasticsearch.yml file?

We want to setup an elasticsearch.yml file that is common for all our test environments.  Then we want an additional file that is specific to the environment.  That environment specific file might change the cluster name, change the discovery mode, etc.

Is this possible with elasticsearch?  Can we give it a list of locations where it can find the elasticsearch.yml

For example this is supported:

path.data: ["/mnt/first", "/mnt/second"]
Is this supported?
path.conf: ["/etc/elasticsearch", "/etc/elasticsearch.d/*"]
or this?
path.conf: ["/etc/elasticsearch", "/etc/elasticsearch-local/"]