Elasticsearch in a dedicated server

Ernesto Reig
Hello,
We have decided to put elasticsearch in a dedicated server (one machine), and we are wondering what the best (or a good) configuration should be:
 - Does it make sense to create a cluster if we have only one machine?
 - What would be a good configuration for it?
 - Any environment variables for the system?

Thank you very much for the good support.

Kind regards,

Ernesto

Re: Elasticsearch in a dedicated server

dadoonet
To form a cluster of nodes, you need at least two nodes.
If you have more than 64 Gb RAM on that machine it could make sense to have two nodes.
But, in case of hardware failure, it will stop the search service.

I prefer having 2 smaller instances than a single big one.

My 2 cents

--
David ;-)

Le 30 mai 2013 à 13:22, Ernesto Reig <[hidden email]> a écrit :

Hello,
We have decided to put elasticsearch in a dedicated server (one machine), and we are wondering what the best (or a good) configuration should be:
 - Does it make sense to create a cluster if we have only one machine?
 - What would be a good configuration for it?
 - Any environment variables for the system?

Thank you very much for the good support.

Kind regards,

Ernesto

Re: Elasticsearch in a dedicated server

dadoonet
Yeah! +1
3 nodes is definitely the best *starter kit* for production IMHO.

--
David Pilato | Technical Advocate | Elasticsearch.com

Le 31 mai 2013 à 09:40, Nicolas Labrot <[hidden email]> a écrit :

[...]

smime.p7s (1K) Download Attachment