Embedded usage

Sten Roger Sandvik
Hi.

I came across ElasticSearch some weeks ago and it looks great. My
company is now in the process of embedding a Lucene search into our
product. Now it's time to figure out how to best cluster a beast like
Lucene. ElasticSearch seems to be the best candidate.

But, anyone has any experience on embedding it? Is it possible to
integrate with different cluster messaging transports? Need to
coordinate the settings with different parts of the system.

Regards,
Sten Roger Sandvik

Sten Roger Sandvik

Re: Embedded usage

Sten Roger Sandvik

> ElasticSearch is very customizable and should be easily embeddable. If you
> can give more details or specific requirements, I can try and help with some
> examples. What do you mean by different cluster messaging transports?

Well, what I need is some way to patch into the cluster discovery
mechanism or to use the same as wee do (JGroups).

/srs

Re: Embedded usage

JGroups is used in elasticsearch already, though as a plugin from the next release since it is replaced with a custom built discovery module. You can have a look at the JGroupsDiscovery class. Do you want to share the same channel?

cheers,
shay.banon

On Sun, May 9, 2010 at 8:15 PM, Sten Roger <[hidden email]> wrote:

> ElasticSearch is very customizable and should be easily embeddable. If you
> can give more details or specific requirements, I can try and help with some
> examples. What do you mean by different cluster messaging transports?

Well, what I need is some way to patch into the cluster discovery
mechanism or to use the same as wee do (JGroups).

/srs

Re: Embedded usage

Sten Roger Sandvik

On May 9, 7:17 pm, Shay Banon <[hidden email]> wrote:
> JGroups is used in elasticsearch already, though as a plugin from the next
> release since it is replaced with a custom built discovery module. You can
> have a look at the JGroupsDiscovery class. Do you want to share the same
> channel?

Cool. I will have a look at JGroupsDiscovery class. Yes, want to share
the same channel so it's easier for customers to configure the whole
application.

/srs

Re: Embedded usage

Sharing the same channel will require some work to filter out messages that are not required. I will be happy to include a generic solution for this in JgroupsDiscovery if you do change it in ElasticSearch.

cheers,
shay.banon