Erlang Client

kungfooguru
If anyone is interested I have started an Erlang client for Elastic
Search: http://github.com/kungfooguru/erlastic_search

Elastic Search is amazing for using with CouchDB :)

Tristan

Re: Erlang Client

This is really cool!. Can you share your thoughts on integrating it with couchdb? One thing that I thought about is doing something similar to what couchdb-lucene does, which, if I understand correctly, simply polls a view for its changes and applies them to Lucene. This, of course, can be really simple with elasticsearch.

-shay.banon

On Mon, Mar 8, 2010 at 7:16 PM, kungfooguru <[hidden email]> wrote:
If anyone is interested I have started an Erlang client for Elastic
Search: http://github.com/kungfooguru/erlastic_search

Elastic Search is amazing for using with CouchDB :)

Tristan

Re: Erlang Client

kungfooguru
My initial thoughts were to do something like that or to integrate it through the updates attribute:

The documentation on these features is lacking though... And javascript can frustrate me easily, hehe. So for my project I'll simply be using Couchbeam and my Elastic Search Erlang client together. This requires logic to be able to roll back if one works and the other doesn't of course, and maybe the updates attribute makes that easier, I'd hope it does.

So I'd think ultimately server side processing to push it to Elastic Search would be best. I'm not sure if the Lucene integration will be moving to something like that... If not I could be wrong :).

Tristan