Exist filter not giving consistent results in version 0.90.6

Exist filter not giving consistent results in version 0.90.6

narinder.izap
Hi All,

       I need to make a filter query to find how many document are there with a particular field existing, and its giving me different results every time,when I make request to Elasticsearch server. The filter used is

{
"filter":
  {
  "exists":
    {
      "field":"approved"

The query is being run on a single _type,with approx 200K documents in it. And this issue is there on production server only, locally it is working fine. On production we have two server for Elasticsearch distribution.

If anyone having the idea, why is this happening?? Is it a bug or something else, that I need to understand, Please help.

Re: Exist filter not giving consistent results in version 0.90.6

Binh Ly-2
Is it consistent if you specify preference=_primary in your search request?

GET localhost:9200/_search?preference=_primary

If yes, I'd check the logs to see if there was any failures in there related to indexing data.

Re: Exist filter not giving consistent results in version 0.90.6

narinder.izap
Yes, with preference the results are not fluctuating. But i am seeing some others issues too, and I feel,they are related somewhere,
We have some very frequent queries.

# The document is having a field, "guid"(type->long) which is having the same value as its "_id". And this value is assigned externally, So If i query a document via _id, the results were fetched, but if i do the same query via guid, the results were empty, The wierd thing is, All this was working fine few days ago.

# Currently we are having continuous data writes to ES via scripts, These scripts suppose to add new documents or to update the existing documents via adding new field data or deleting the field data. But I found, The deletion of fields via update API is not working. The fields are still there. Not sure, if some new document are also being missed in ES ??

So My doubt is, can it be memory issue, or number of files opened or something else??