David Stendardi
Hi folks,

What do you think about contributing a FAQ on the elasticsearch.github.com ?
I'm reading this mailing list for 2 months now and i noticed that the
same questions are asked over and over. (ex : advantages of sharding
by name, sorting and multifield, etc...)
An FAQ would probably help ?

David Stendardi

Re: FAQ

Andrej
+1 for this idea (at least as long as Shay is not writing a book
about
elasticsearch ;-))
I would be ready to spend some time on this too, as I was thinking
about
the same idea for a while. Maybe this would also be a good starting
point on where documentation should be extended.

Greetings
Andrej

Re: FAQ

Onilton Maciel
+1
Would it be a wiki-like thing? Or something like stack-overlow or shapado ?

On Thu, Feb 2, 2012 at 1:05 PM, Andrej Rosenheinrich <[hidden email]> wrote:
+1 for this idea (at least as long as Shay is not writing a book
about
elasticsearch ;-))
I would be ready to spend some time on this too, as I was thinking
about
the same idea for a while. Maybe this would also be a good starting
point on where documentation should be extended.

Greetings
Andrej

Re: FAQ

Nick Hoffman
The GitHub repo has a wiki built-in, which many projects take advantage of.

Re: FAQ

David Stendardi
I think the github repo is the best option : the FAQ would be limited
to *very* frequently asked questions.
Browsing the mailing list archive could be a good way to elect these
questions :)

David Stendardi

Re: FAQ

yin weifeng
+10

Re: FAQ

ajan
+1

On Feb 3, 2:08 pm, yin weifeng <[hidden email]> wrote:
> +10

Re: FAQ

Wes Plunk
+1

Would that be an appropriate place to put an index of all the
configuration options? I've started a list of what I can find
scattered among all the pages of the site and what I've seen mentioned
in posts. Pretty sure it's not complete but if someone has a complete
copy that would be great

Yup, the wiki would be a great place for that info.

Re: FAQ

Besides an FAQ for these *very* frequently asked questions, I would
like to see a cookbook with different real-world usage patterns,
similar to the O"Reilly cookbook series. I believe someone started a
different git repo with some.

--
Ivan