FIQL for abstraction of Query Syntax

Pradeep B
Hi

I am responsible for provisioning a search service to the enterprise and would like to provision a querying syntax in a vendor agnostic fashion.
Has anyone tried this before ?
I am looking at FIQL and CQL as a possible alternative to abstract elastic query DSL for my end users.

any thoughts / recommendations ?

Thanks
Pradeep

Re: FIQL for abstraction of Query Syntax

joergprante@gmail.com
I implemented CQL for Elasticearch

I do not recommend it for the general case because CQL is inferior to the power and expressiveness of Elasticsearch DSL. If you have audience that prefers old school boolean search and do not want ES-specific features or reject fine control of ES search operations and ES data types, you may offer CQL.

Jörg