Quantcast

Facing problem in redeclaring rabbit_mq exchange name

Facing problem in redeclaring rabbit_mq exchange name

C.K.R.VIJAY Krishna
Hi,
  I am new to elastic search. Please find below sample json format  which is used to create index in elastic search by using rabbitmq-river plugin.
In this code "vijay_exg" exchange is already exists in rabbitmq server.I want to retrieve the messages from this exchange.When I am trying to execute the below code it is generating error in elastic search log file

Sample Code :

curl -XPUT 'localhost:9200/_river/my_river/_meta' -d '{
"type" : "rabbitmq",
    "rabbitmq" : {
        "host" : "localhost",
        "port" : 5672,
        "user" : "guest",
        "pass" : "guest",
        "vhost" : "/",
        "queue" : "vijay_test",
        "exchange" : "vijay_exg",
        "routing_key" : "routing_key",
        "exchange_type" : "topic",
        "exchange_durable" : true,
        "queue_durable" : true,
        "queue_auto_delete" : false,
"args" : {
                "x-ha-policy" : "all"
        "bulk_size" : 100,
        "bulk_timeout" : "10ms",
        "ordered" : false
    }
}'

Error Message:

{amqp_error,precondition_failed,

            "cannot redeclare exchange 'vijay_exg' in vhost '/' with different type, durable, internal or autodelete value",

            'exchange.declare'}

Please help me.

Thanks & Regards,
Vijay

Re: Facing problem in redeclaring rabbit_mq exchange name

Drew Raines-2
C.K.R.VIJAY Krishna wrote:

[...]

>         "exchange" : "vijay_exg",
>         "routing_key" : "routing_key",
>         "exchange_type" : "topic",
>         "exchange_durable" : true,
>         "queue_durable" : true,
>         "queue_auto_delete" : false,

[...]

> Error Message:
>
> {amqp_error,precondition_failed,
>
>             "cannot redeclare exchange 'vijay_exg' in vhost '/' with
> different type, durable, internal or autodelete value",
>
>             'exchange.declare'}

This means that you created the vijay_exg exchange previously using
parameters that don't match the ones in the river settings.  You
probably didn't create it with durable=true, if I had to guess.

Rabbit wants each of those things to match up for exchanges and
queues.

-Drew

Re: Facing problem in redeclaring rabbit_mq exchange name

C.K.R.VIJAY Krishna
 Hi Drew,
       Thanks for your reply. Now I have created new exchange "vijay_exh1" as durable in rabbit MQ Server and made rabbit_mq queue as durable.
In the above sample code I made "exchange_durable" :true "queue_durable" : true, and started publishing messages in exchange "vijay_exh1" but I can't able to consume messages in elastic search and there is no error in elastic search log file.Please help me.

sample code :

curl -XPUT  'http://localhost:9200/_river/my_cdr/_meta' -d '{
"type" : "rabbitmq",
    "rabbitmq" : {
        "host" : "localhost",
        "port" : 5672,
        "user" : "guest",
        "pass" : "guest",
        "vhost" : "/",
        "queue" : "vijay_test",
        "exchange" : "vijay_exh1",
        "routing_key" : "call.cdr.*",
        "exchange_type" : "topic",
        "exchange_durable" :true,
        "queue_durable" : true,
        "queue_auto_delete" : false,
"args" : {
                "x-ha-policy" : "all"
        "bulk_size" : 100,
        "bulk_timeout" : "10ms",
        "ordered" : false
    }
}'

Thanks & Regards,
Vijay.

C.K.R.VIJAY Krishna wrote:

> Thanks for your reply. Now I have created new exchange "vijay_exh1"
> as durable in rabbit MQ Server and made rabbit_mq queue as durable.
> In the above sample code I made "exchange_durable" :true
> "queue_durable" : true, and started publishing messages in exchange
> "vijay_exh1" but I can't able to consume messages in elastic search
> and there is no error in elastic search log file.Please help me.

If you're not getting errors in rabbit log or ES log, then it's
likely you're publishing messages that aren't routing properly within
rabbit.

Use the rabbit web interface or calls to:

  rabbitmqctl list_queues -p / messages messages_unacknowledged name

to see if the vijay_test queue is accumulating messages.  If it
isn't, and no other queue is catching them, then they're probably
getting dropped by the exchange.

-Drew

Re: Facing problem in redeclaring rabbit_mq exchange name

C.K.R.VIJAY Krishna
Hi,
 Thanks for your reply Drew. I have restarted the elastic search server and noticed following error message in elastic search log file and in rabbitmq queue i have noticed 8 unacknowledged messages.

[WARN ][river.rabbitmq ] [elasticserver] [rabbitmq][my_cdr] failed to execute bulk for delivery tags [[8]], not ack'ing
org.elasticsearch.action.ActionRequestValidationException: Validation Failed: 1: no requests added;
        at org.elasticsearch.action.ValidateActions.addValidationError(ValidateActions.java:29)
        at org.elasticsearch.action.bulk.BulkRequest.validate(BulkRequest.java:375)
        at org.elasticsearch.action.support.TransportAction.execute(TransportAction.java:55)
        at org.elasticsearch.client.node.NodeClient.execute(NodeClient.java:92)
        at org.elasticsearch.client.support.AbstractClient.bulk(AbstractClient.java:145)
        at org.elasticsearch.action.bulk.BulkRequestBuilder.doExecute(BulkRequestBuilder.java:129)
        at org.elasticsearch.action.ActionRequestBuilder.execute(ActionRequestBuilder.java:62)
        at org.elasticsearch.river.rabbitmq.RabbitmqRiver$Consumer.run(RabbitmqRiver.java:291)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:722).

Thanks & Regards,
Vijay

C.K.R.VIJAY Krishna wrote:

>  Thanks for your reply Drew. I have restarted the elastic search
> server and noticed following error message in elastic search log
> file and in rabbitmq queue i have noticed 8 unacknowledged
> messages.
>
> [WARN ][river.rabbitmq ] [elasticserver] [rabbitmq][my_cdr] failed to
> execute bulk for delivery tags [[8]], not ack'ing
> org.elasticsearch.action.ActionRequestValidationException: Validation
> Failed: 1: no requests added;

OK, this means the payload in your rabbit messages is not valid bulk
format.  Can you gist the exact payload of one of those messages?  If
it's sensitive data, perhaps the code you use to generate them?

-Drew

Re: Facing problem in redeclaring rabbit_mq exchange name

C.K.R.VIJAY Krishna
Hi Drew,
 Please find below sample payload code which I am getting.
Sample code.
 {
  "Digits-Dialed": "none",
  "Ringing-Seconds": "2",
  "Billing-Seconds": "4",
  "Duration-Seconds": "7",
  "From-Uri": "[hidden email]",
  "To-Uri": "[hidden email]",
  "Call-Direction": "inbound",
  "Timestamp": "12345",
  "Callee-ID-Number": "+134567",
  "Callee-ID-Name": "Vijaya",
  "Caller-ID-Number": "vijay_test_zoiper",
  "Caller-ID-Name": "Vijaya Krishna",
  "Local-SDP": "v=0\no=FreeSWITCH IN IP4 11.21.122.17\ns=FreeSWITCH\nc=IN IP4 \nt=0 0\n",
  "Remote-SDP": "v=0\r\no=Zoiper_user 0 1 IN IP4 11.11.12.6\r\ns=Zoiper_session\r\nc=IN IP4 0.0.0.0\r\nt=0 0\r\n",
  "Custom-Channel-Vars": {
    "Authorizing-Type": "device",
    "Account-ID": "accid",
    "Username": "vijay_test_zoiper",

Can you please provide one sample payload code . I have tied to publish message based on below url but no use.

https://github.com/elasticsearch/elasticsearch-river-rabbitmq/issues/7

Publishing messages to rabbitmq using restclient(firebug plugin) .Please help me.

Thanks & Regards,
Vijay.

C.K.R.VIJAY Krishna wrote:

>  Please find below sample payload code which I am getting.
> Sample code.
>  {
>   "Digits-Dialed": "none",
>   "Ringing-Seconds": "2",
>   "Billing-Seconds": "4",
>   "Duration-Seconds": "7",

[...]

> Can you please provide one sample payload code . I have tied to
> publish message based on below url but no use.

The payload needs to be a proper bulk request similar to what you'd
send using curl.  Have a look at the bulk api docs for the specifics.
I'll provide a short example below.

http://www.elasticsearch.org/guide/reference/api/bulk.html

> https://github.com/elasticsearch/elasticsearch-river-rabbitmq/issues/7

This issue highlights a common issue people have with bulk: newlines
are significant!  If you have them in your json document, they need
to be properly escaped (which should happen automatically when you
encode using your favorite library).  For example, take this json
object:

  {"foo": "bar\nbaz"}

When encoded to a string, it should look like:

  "{\"foo\":\"bar\\nbaz\"}"

And then to send it with bulk, add meta and the proper newline
separation.  The literal string you would put in your rabbit msg
would look something like this:

  "{\"index\":{\"_index\":\"test\",\"_type\":\"t\"}}\n{\"foo\":\"foo\\nbar\"}\n"

You can repeat that for as many docs as you want in your request.

Don't forget the trailing newline!

-Drew

Re: Facing problem in redeclaring rabbit_mq exchange name

C.K.R.VIJAY Krishna
Hi Drew,
       Thank you drew. I can able to  post a message to rabbit Mq queue and Index the message using rabbitmq river plugin .