Feature request: HTTP listeners

Clinton Gormley
One of the things I'd like to be able to do, is to query one node about
the other http enabled nodes in the cluster (in the same was as you can
find out which nodes are data nodes)

In other words, one of my clients starts up, queries the 'main' node
about which listeners are available, then randomly selects one of those
nodes.

The idea is to spread the load between the nodes, and also, if a node
goes down, then my client already has a list of other nodes that it can
try connecting to.

Or am I approaching this in the wrong way?

ta

clint

--
Web Announcements Limited is a company registered in England and Wales,
with company number 05608868, with registered address at 10 Arvon Road,
London, N5 1PR.

On Sun, 2010-02-14 at 20:58 +0200, Shay Banon wrote:
> You are perfectly correct about it, and I need to add it to the nodes
> info API. Can you open a feature request for this?

http://github.com/elasticsearch/elasticsearch/issues#issue/10

:)

--
Web Announcements Limited is a company registered in England and Wales,
with company number 05608868, with registered address at 10 Arvon Road,
London, N5 1PR.

Re: Feature request: HTTP listeners

Fixed in master. You can download (with instructions on how to built it) here: http://www.elasticsearch.com/download

-shay.banon

On Sun, 2010-02-14 at 21:30 +0200, Shay Banon wrote:
> Fixed in master. You can download (with instructions on how to built
> it) here: http://www.elasticsearch.com/download

Brilliant - many thanks

clint