Guide documentation update requested, for 'index' field in mappings.

Guide documentation update requested, for 'index' field in mappings.

fucema
RE: http://elasticsearch-users.115913.n3.nabble.com/source-and-mapped-fields-and-performance-tp3183068p3183103.html

Clint's explanation of the available options for the mapping field attribute 'index' should be added to the website guide, if it is accurate.

I could not find the list of acceptable options for 'field' (maybe I missed it somewhere?) on the core types page or elsewhere: http://www.elasticsearch.org/guide/reference/mapping/core-types.html

Can you make a low priority ticket to update the docs for the 'index'? :)

Re: Guide documentation update requested, for 'index' field in mappings.

Clinton Gormley-2

> Clint's explanation of the available options for the mapping field
> attribute 'index' should be added to the website guide, if it is
> accurate.

It is already on the site:

http://www.elasticsearch.org/guide/reference/mapping/core-types.html

> I could not find the list of acceptable options for 'field' (maybe I
> missed it somewhere?) on the core types page or elsewhere:
> http://www.elasticsearch.org/guide/reference/mapping/core-types.html

field? Where do you see that?

clint

Re: Guide documentation update requested, for 'index' field in mappings.

fucema
Oh you're right. I looked at all the core types EXCEPT for String
(current type mapping I am using doesn't have Strings).

Thanks again, great docs so far. Haha!

The 'field' was a typo - meant 'index'.