Help on using Elastic Search Api from SPark

Help on using Elastic Search Api from SPark

deepakas
Hi ,

I am trying to use Elastic Search Rest Api for searching Elastic
Search Index from Spark Code in Scala. I tried wabisabi and
searchboxio . For some reason I am not able to import the classes even
though I added the packages in my pom . I am using Spark 1.3.0. Is
there any other package I can use to do search on each row using Rest
api from Spark code ?

Thanks,
Deepak Subhramanian

Re: Help on using Elastic Search Api from SPark

Costin Leau
Take a look at Elasticsearch Hadoop project [1]. It features
integration with various Hadoop libraries including Apache Spark [2].

Cheers,

[1] https://www.elastic.co/products/hadoop
[2] http://www.elastic.co/guide/en/elasticsearch/hadoop/current/spark.html

On Thu, Apr 30, 2015 at 8:36 PM, Deepak Subhramanian
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi ,
>
> I am trying to use Elastic Search Rest Api for searching Elastic
> Search Index from Spark Code in Scala. I tried wabisabi and
> searchboxio . For some reason I am not able to import the classes even
> though I added the packages in my pom . I am using Spark 1.3.0. Is
> there any other package I can use to do search on each row using Rest
> api from Spark code ?
>
> Thanks,
> Deepak Subhramanian

Re: Help on using Elastic Search Api from SPark

deepakas
It looks like it is related to an intellij maven import issue as it is
not downloading any new dependency I am adding.

--
Deepak Subhramanian

Re: Help on using Elastic Search Api from SPark

Costin Leau
"It looks like it is related to an intellij maven import issue as it is
not downloading any new dependency I am adding."

Pardon? I don't understand what you are saying. Are we talking about
the same project?  Have you looked at the docs I mentioned?
In particular [1] the install page?

I ask since:

- the connector is a jar that you can just install/download and add to
your classpath. It works standalone and doesn't require anything else
- it is NOT a maven plugin
- even if you are trying to build the project, it does not use maven
but rather Gradle
- the connector doesn't download anything for you. Least a
"dependency" that you are adding.

[1] http://www.elastic.co/guide/en/elasticsearch/hadoop/2.1.Beta/install.html