How long will it take for applying shard allocation command

How long will it take for applying shard allocation command

vineeth mohan-2
Hi ,

I applied shard allocation to make sure that one of my index always goes to a particular machines and rest of indices goes somewhere else.

But then its not applying the set of rules i gave.

I did however noticed that eventually some day these rules will get applied.
I would like to know how long will it take for this to happen.

If there was some way to catalyst this process, kindly let me know that too.

Thanks
        Vineeth

---