How to achieve ELK High availability

vikas gopal
Hi Exerts,

Need your valuable suggestions here . I have ELK on a single windows instance and I want to make it high available . I mean if one machine goes down second will take up the whole load, like clustering. Can you suggest how I can achieve this.

Re: How to achieve ELK High availability

Mark Walkom-2
Which part do you want to make HA?

ES is pretty simple to do, the rest is dependent on a few things.

On 1 April 2015 at 14:06, vikas gopal <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Exerts,

Need your valuable suggestions here . I have ELK on a single windows instance and I want to make it high available . I mean if one machine goes down second will take up the whole load, like clustering. Can you suggest how I can achieve this.

Re: How to achieve ELK High availability

Magnus Bäck
On Wednesday, April 01, 2015 at 05:06 CEST,
     vikas gopal <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Need your valuable suggestions here . I have ELK on a single windows
> instance and I want to make it high available . I mean if one machine
> goes down second will take up the whole load, like clustering. Can you
> suggest how I can achieve this.

Since you're saying "like clustering", are you aware that Elasticsearch
supports clustering natively? To improve the availability, run two or
(preferably) at least three Elasticsearch nodes and configure replicas
for your shards. If one node goes down all data will still be available.

http://www.elastic.co/guide/en/elasticsearch/guide/current/distributed-cluster.html

--
Magnus Bäck                | Software Engineer, Development Tools
[hidden email] | Sony Mobile Communications

Re: How to achieve ELK High availability

vikas gopal
Thank you for the suggestion , yes I am aware and I am done with ES clustering . Now I want the same for LS . Since LS does not have in build feature like ES has , so what would be the best way for LS to make i highly available in windows environment?

     vikas gopal <<a href="javascript:" target="_blank" gdf-obfuscated-mailto="TgbW2o55CNwJ" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href='javascript:';return true;" onclick="this.href='javascript:';return true;">vikas...@...> wrote:

> Need your valuable suggestions here . I have ELK on a single windows
> instance and I want to make it high available . I mean if one machine
> goes down second will take up the whole load, like clustering. Can you
> suggest how I can achieve this.

Since you're saying "like clustering", are you aware that Elasticsearch
supports clustering natively? To improve the availability, run two or
(preferably) at least three Elasticsearch nodes and configure replicas
for your shards. If one node goes down all data will still be available.

--
Magnus Bäck                | Software Engineer, Development Tools

Re: How to achieve ELK High availability

Magnus Bäck
On Thursday, April 16, 2015 at 13:35 CEST,
     vikas gopal <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thank you for the suggestion , yes I am aware and I am done with ES
> clustering . Now I want the same for LS . Since LS does not have in
> build feature like ES has , so what would be the best way for LS to
> make i highly available in windows environment?

Let's continue that discussion in the logstash-users thread.

https://groups.google.com/d/topic/logstash-users/tQHqrXPSV_w/discussion