How to do custom score queries in elastic search 0.9 through java api?

How to do custom score queries in elastic search 0.9 through java api?

John Chang
How do I do a custom score query through the java client api?

I want to do what is described here, except do it through the java api:
http://github.com/elasticsearch/elasticsearch/issues/220
Is this possible, or do I have to use the REST api to get this functionality?

I assume it is not the method  sort(java.lang.String s) on org.elasticsearch.search.builder.SearchSourceBuilder, as that method has been there at least since 0.8, and my understanding is that custom score queries are new in 0.9.

Thanks.