How to specify analyser to use

Janusz Dalecki

Hi,

How can I:

1)      check which analyser is used for my indexing – I have not specified any when I indexed my documents.

2)      specify which analyser is used for my indexing – I know the doc specify at url http://www.elasticsearch.org/guide/reference/index-modules/analysis/ the sample configuration – but what is this configuration? – a text file? And if it is where do I put it under elasticsearch root directory. If it is not a config file what command do I use to specify which analyser I want to use?

Regards,

Janusz

Re: How to specify analyser to use

dadoonet
By default, the standard analyzer is applied.
If you want to apply another one, you have to define a mapping.

See the Put Mapping API.

Here is an example: https://gist.github.com/2965777

HTH

Le 31 janv. 2013 à 09:31, JD <[hidden email]> a écrit :

Hi,

How can I:

1)      check which analyser is used for my indexing – I have not specified any when I indexed my documents.

2)      specify which analyser is used for my indexing – I know the doc specify at url http://www.elasticsearch.org/guide/reference/index-modules/analysis/ the sample configuration – but what is this configuration? – a text file? And if it is where do I put it under elasticsearch root directory. If it is not a config file what command do I use to specify which analyser I want to use?

Regards,

Janusz

Re: How to specify analyser to use

Janusz Dalecki
Hi Dave,
Can I somehow see that it is standard analyzer - using some curl command?
Not that I don't trust you - I just would like to know the method to verify it?
Regards,
Janusz

On Thursday, 31 January 2013 19:31:53 UTC+11, JD wrote:

Hi,

How can I:

1)      check which analyser is used for my indexing – I have not specified any when I indexed my documents.

2)      specify which analyser is used for my indexing – I know the doc specify at url http://www.elasticsearch.org/guide/reference/index-modules/analysis/ the sample configuration – but what is this configuration? – a text file? And if it is where do I put it under elasticsearch root directory. If it is not a config file what command do I use to specify which analyser I want to use?

Regards,

Janusz

Re: How to specify analyser to use

dadoonet
Yes.

Do

You will get your mapping. If no analyzer is defined, then standard is applied.

BTW, if you want to understand how Elasticsearch analyzed your data, have a look at the _analyze API. Very useful.