Quantcast

How to support facet filters in custom facets?

How to support facet filters in custom facets?

Eric Jain
Other than calling `addFilterFacetAndGlobal(builder, params)` in the overridden AbstractFacetBuilder.toXContent method, is there any other code that is required in order to support facet filters in custom facets?

Re: How to support facet filters in custom facets?

Eric Jain
Does the upcoming facet refactoring obsolete this question?

On Tuesday, February 26, 2013 3:31:21 PM UTC-8, Eric Jain wrote:
Other than calling `addFilterFacetAndGlobal(builder, params)` in the overridden AbstractFacetBuilder.toXContent method, is there any other code that is required in order to support facet filters in custom facets?

Re: How to support facet filters in custom facets?

Matt Weber-2
I think it does...  here is the commit for the facet refactor:
https://github.com/elasticsearch/elasticsearch/commit/73a447da861d2413269064899443b297b9ca3f88

It looks like the filter facet gets parsed and cached in:
src/main/java/org/elasticsearch/search/facet/FacetParseElement.java

It get applied in the abstract Facet Builder in the "facetFilter" and
"addFilterFacetAndGlobal" methods:
src/main/java/org/elasticsearch/search/facet/FacetBuilder.java

Looking at all the built-in facets, they all seem to duplicate the
facetFilter method though...